Bacon Mozzarella Tortilla pizza
These bacon mozzarella tortilla pizzas is so easy to make and so delicious. Ideal for light lunch or dinner that's ready quickly.
Homemade tortillas are so easy and quick to make and you'll never use store-bought again aftering tasting these one. Tortillas can be used in many recipes, like quesadillas, tacos or fold-over tortilla bake. You can make interesting pizza with homemade tortillas.
This recipe for soft flour tortillas is quick and easy. Soft and tender, with just a little bit of "chew," you can have these on the table in under an hour. The dough can also be made the day before and allowed to rest in the fridge overnight.
useful tips for Bacon Mozzarella tortilla Pizza
You don't need a tortilla press to make homemade tortillas. A rolling pin will works just fine for making them.
making ahead Bacon Mozzarella tortilla Pizza
These homemade tortilla freeze well. Once they are cooked, pile them and place baking paper or cling film between each one, then place in the freezer bag. Once you want to enjoy them, you can defrost them in the microwave or in the oven.
Bacon Mozzarella tortilla Pizza
MAKES: 4 medium tortilla pizza
COOKS IN: 30 minutes
FOR THE TORTILLAS
- 90g plain flour
- 45g corn flour
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 teaspoon baking powder
- 30ml sunflower oil
- 85ml water, warm
FOR THE TOPPING
- 10 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 100g fresh mozzarella
- 100g smoked bacon
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- FOR THE TORTILLAS, combine the flour, baking powder and salt in one bowl.
- Pour over oil and warm water and stir until the dough comes together. Transfer to the floured work surface and knead for about 4 - 5 minutes or until you make a smooth ball of dough. Cover with clean kitchen towel and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 16 - 20 even pieces (16 if you want larger tortillas and 20 pieces if you want smaller tortillas) and roll each piece as thinly as possible on a floured work surface.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Cook tortillas one at the time for 1 - 2 minutes on each side until golden brown and with dark spots. Transfer them to a plate and cover with another plate or wrap with aluminium foil to keep warm.
- Preheat the oven to 200 C and prepare the baking tray.
- Put the tortillas onto one large baking tray. Spread over the tomato sauce leaving 1 - 1.5cm border around the edges. Scatter with the mozzarella and ham.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 5 - 6 minutes or until the edges of the tortillas are crips and golden and mozzarella is bubbling. Serve while still warm.
© Secret Recipe Notebook owns the copyright on all images and text and does not allow for its original recipes and pictures to be reproduced anywhere other than at this site unless authorization is given.
Jun 04, 21 01:20 PM
Make these white chocolate mousse raspberry tarts!
May 29, 21 02:02 PM
You are going to love this refreshing lemon almond cheesecake. Amazing combination of almond crust and zesty lemon filling makes this cheesecake so adorable.
May 23, 21 02:24 PM
You are going to love these fudgy chocolate hazelnut lava cakes. Serve them with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream!
May 16, 21 12:56 PM
These summer flatbread pizza comes together quickly. It's loaded with colourful summer veggies plus mozzarella. Easy summer meal!
May 06, 21 09:42 AM
These fudgy hazelnut brownies are a true paradise for chocolate lovers. Rich and decadent and enriched with toasted hazelnuts, these brownies are best served with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream.