No-Bake Cheesecake with butterscotch Sauce
You are going to love this simple no-bake cheesecake recipe ideal for lazy summer days when you don't have to turn on the oven. Simple crust, simple filling and all enchanced with butterscotch sauce.
how to make crust
Making the crust is so easy. Just process digestive cookies in a food processor until you get a fine crumbs and stir with sugar and melted butter. Press this mixture into 23cm springform pan lined with baking paper. Optional, you can bake this for 5 minutes to get more firm crust. This way the crust will be firmed and will not crumbled when you slice cheesecake. You can skip this step.
what is butterscotch sauce
Butterscotch sauce is a silky smooth sauce made of brown sugar, butter and whipping cream. It's ideal for topping cakes, ice-creams, puddings, cheesecakes and any other sweets. It's made quickly and easily, just combine all ingredients in a saucepan and heat until you get smooth sauce. It has deep caramel flavour and intense amber colour making also attractive addition to any dessert.
- Because the crust will not be baked, be sure you press it down into the bottom the pan very firmly! This will help the crust stay together when you slice the cheesecake.
- This recipe does requires a springform pan, so if you don’t already own one and need a good place to start, feel free to click here and check out the one I’ve been using for years.
But the good news? This easy Summer cheesecake recipe will keep, stored in the refrigerator, for up to 4 days. And if you’d like, you can also freeze a few slices and save them for a rainy day!
No-Bake Cheesecake With Butterscotch Sauce Recipe
SERVES: 12 slices
COOKS IN: 30 minutes plus cooling
For the crust
- 250g digestive cookies
- 30g granulated or brown sugar
- 100g butter, melted
For the filling
- 800g full-fat cream cheese
- 240ml whipping cream
- 100g white chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the butterscotch sauce
- 30g brown sugar
- 20g butter
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- TO MAKE THE CRUST, broke digestive cookies into smaller pieces and process in a food processor until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Place crumbs into medium bowl together with brown sugar, pour melted butter and stir well to combine. Press the mixture evenly over base of 23cm springform pan, cover and refrigerate about 30 minutes or until firm.
- TO MAKE FILLING, broke white chocolate into pieces and place in a bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir with spatula until completely melted. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Beat whipping cream in small bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Using electric hand mixer beat cream cheese and granulated sugar on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Scrape down the sides and up the bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed.
- Add white chocolate and beat for another minute.
- Using a rubber spatula fold in slowly whipping cream into the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into prepared tin and use the back of a spoon to smooth the tops so they are flat. Cover with aluminium foil or plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3 - 4 hours or until set. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- FOR BUTTERSCOTCH SAUCE, place the butter in a small heavy-bottom saucepan and heat over medium heat. Add the brown sugar, salt and whipping cream and stir with silicon spatula until it's combined. Boil for about 4 - 5 minutes scraping down the sides occasionally. Transfer the butterscotch sauce to another bowl to cool.
- Cut into slices and drizzle with butterscotch sauce over each slice.
Jun 04, 21 01:20 PM
Make these white chocolate mousse raspberry tarts!
May 29, 21 02:02 PM
You are going to love this refreshing lemon almond cheesecake. Amazing combination of almond crust and zesty lemon filling makes this cheesecake so adorable.
May 23, 21 02:24 PM
You are going to love these fudgy chocolate hazelnut lava cakes. Serve them with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream!
May 16, 21 12:56 PM
These summer flatbread pizza comes together quickly. It's loaded with colourful summer veggies plus mozzarella. Easy summer meal!
May 06, 21 09:42 AM
These fudgy hazelnut brownies are a true paradise for chocolate lovers. Rich and decadent and enriched with toasted hazelnuts, these brownies are best served with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream.