No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
This simple chocolate cheesecake is a great choice for hot summer days when you don't want to turn on the oven. Made of dark crust and rich chocolate filling, these dessert can be served in any occasion. Everyone will love the tastes hidden in these delicious cheesecake. If looking for more easy no-bake sweets, check out our recipes for dark chocolate truffles or lemon truffles. For more no-bake cheesecake options, check our recipe for no-bake cheesecake with butterscotch sauce.
what you need to make no-bake chocolate cheesecake
For this recipe you will need Oreo cakes, which we use the whole one - with white filling. Just blitz them in a food processor until you get fine crumbs. You may also place cookies in a plastic bag and crush with rolling pin. Be sure all of the cookies are crushed.
As this is chocolate cheesecake, we suggest to use quality dark chocolate with high percentage of cocoa. Use any chocolate higher than 55% cocoa to get instense chocolate flavour.
- Because this cheesecake is mainly made up of chocolate, I strongly suggest using a quality brand you know melts well and tastes good.
- The crust of this cheesecake is made from crushed Oreo cookies and melted butter. Do NOT remove the filling from the Oreo cookies before crushing them up.
- When it comes to crushing up your Oreo cookies, you have options. If you own a food processor or high-powered blender, you may simply place the cookies in the body of the machine and pulse until they’re in fine crumbs. You may also crush them manually, by placing the cookies in a large ziplock bag, and rolling over them with a rolling pin or wine bottle. Just make sure all of the cookie bits have been finely crushed, as large chunks will cause the crust to break more easily.
looking for more dessert recipes?
No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
For the crust
- 350g Oreo cookies
- 120g butter, melted
For the filling
- 300g dark chocolate, broken into smaller pieces
- 700g full-fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 150g sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 200ml heavy cream
- Grease 23cm/9in springform pan with butter.
- Blitz Oreo cookies in a food processor until you get fine crumbs. Place them in a large bowl then add melted butter and mix well to combine.
- Press the mixture into the springform pan, pressing with your fingers. Place crust in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- To make the filling, place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl and set over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Stir with silicon spatula until the chocolate is melted. Set aside.
- Place cream cheese in a large bowl and beat with electric hand mixer until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Add sugar, cocoa powder and beat again for a minute. Add heavy cream and mix until just combined - 10 - 20 seconds. Fold the chocolate until combined.
- Take the crust from the freezer and scrape the filling over. Smooth the top and place the cheesecake to the fridge to cool for at least 4 - 5 hours.
Jun 04, 21 01:20 PM
Make these white chocolate mousse raspberry tarts!
May 29, 21 02:02 PM
You are going to love this refreshing lemon almond cheesecake. Amazing combination of almond crust and zesty lemon filling makes this cheesecake so adorable.
May 23, 21 02:24 PM
You are going to love these fudgy chocolate hazelnut lava cakes. Serve them with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream!
May 16, 21 12:56 PM
These summer flatbread pizza comes together quickly. It's loaded with colourful summer veggies plus mozzarella. Easy summer meal!
May 06, 21 09:42 AM
These fudgy hazelnut brownies are a true paradise for chocolate lovers. Rich and decadent and enriched with toasted hazelnuts, these brownies are best served with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream.