Vanilla Churros with Chocolate Sauce
Make these simple churros with coconut scent and served with chocolate sauce. Try our recipes for classic cinnamon churros and spiced mini churros, both crispy and delicious.
Making these mini churro is pretty easy. You need to make the dough like choux pastry dough we use for our classic cream puffs or coconut cream puffs.
First place water, pinch of salt and butter cutted into smaller pieces in a saucepan. Once it boils, add flour and stir and cook for about 2 - 3 minutes. Transfer to the bowl, cool for a few minutes then add eggs, mixing with electric mixer in between. The dough you get should be silky and smooth.
Now it' time for frying churros. We advice you to use small saucepan or deep-frying pan as in this case you need less oil for frying. Fill the saucepan with oil then heat to 170 - 180C. For shaping churros you will need piping bag fitted with medium star tip.
Once you fill the bag and the oil is hot enough, pipe strips of 3- 4cm directly into the oil. Fry 5 - 6 churros at the same time. If you overcrowd the oil, the oil temperature will drop and churros will soak up too much oil. Fry churros until they are golden and crispy. Once cooked transfer them with a slotted spoon to a plate lined with kitchen paper. Wait for a minute, then roll them into prepare sugar/spice mixture.
with chocolate sauce
FOR THE CHURROS
- 130ml water, cold
- 40g butter, cubed
- 1 pinch of salt
- 140g plain flour
- 1 medium egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- sunflower oil for frying
FOR THE CHOCOLATE SAUCE
- 100g dark chocolate
- 100ml whipping cream
- 20g butter
- FOR THE CHURROS, place water and cubed butter into a saucepan and add a pinch of salt.
- Put the saucepan on a medium heat and stir until the butter is melted and bring to the boil.
- Remove from the heat and quickly stir in sifted flour and baking powder. Beat with a wooden spoon until smooth and it comes away from the sides of the pan.
- Transfer the mixture into a heatproof bowl, cool for a couple of minutes. Gradually add eggs one at a time, and beat with a wooden spoon until the mixture is smooth and glossy. Now add vanilla paste and stir until combined. You can also do this with electric hand mixer. Add grated orange zest and mix until combined. Cover the bowl and leave to rest for about 20 minutes.
- Fill a small heavy-bottom saucepan with sunflower oil to a depth of between 2 and 3cm and heat until it reaches 180 C. Spoon the batter into piping bag fitted with open star tip. Once the oil is hot enough, pipe 3 or 4 strips (7 - 8 cm long) of batter directly into the hot oil, cutting off each strip with a pair of scissors or a small sharp knife.
- Fry churros until golden brown and crispy, about 2–3 minutes on each side. Repeat with remaining dough, frying in small batches so that the churros do not touch.
- Remove churros from the pan with a slotted spoon or kitchen tongs, drain on the kitchen paper.
- FOR THE CHOCOLATE SAUCE, Chop the chocolate coarsely and place in a heatproof bowl. Heat the whipping cream on a medium heat until just start to simmer. Pour over the chocolate then stir with spatula until the chocolate is melted. Add butter and stir until you get a smooth silky texture.
© Secret Recipe Notebook owns the copyright on all images and text and does not allow for its original recipes and pictures to be reproduced anywhere other than at this site unless authorization is given.
Jun 14, 21 09:54 AM
Make this zucchini pancetta flatbread pizza!
Jun 04, 21 01:20 PM
Make these white chocolate mousse raspberry tarts!
May 29, 21 02:02 PM
You are going to love this refreshing lemon almond cheesecake. Amazing combination of almond crust and zesty lemon filling makes this cheesecake so adorable.
May 23, 21 02:24 PM
You are going to love these fudgy chocolate hazelnut lava cakes. Serve them with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream!
May 16, 21 12:56 PM
These summer flatbread pizza comes together quickly. It's loaded with colourful summer veggies plus mozzarella. Easy summer meal!