This webpage contains affiliate links. Please view our disclosure policy for more details.
SIDE DISHES | POTATO
Baked Garlic Potato Wedges
Our crispy baked potato wedges are soft from inside with crisp and golden brown skin and a nice garlicky taste. These are great to nibble with your favourite dip or alongside a homemade sandwich or juicy burger. This recipe produces 4 servings of delicious potato wedges.
Looking for more side-dish ideas? Try our recipes for spiced sweet potato wedges or baked breaded mushrooms with herbs.
More potato recipes you'll want to try:
How to make baked garlic potato wedges
For making our baked garlic potato wedges you will need: POTATOES (use potatoes with the high starch and low water content like Russet or Maris Piper), OLIVE OIL, GARLIC GRANULES, FINE SEA SALT, GROUND BLACK PEPPER and CHOPPED PARSLEY.
STEPS FOR MAKING THESE TASTY POTATO WEDGES:
- Cutting potato wedges: First scrub the potatoes (you don't need to peel the skin off), rinse in the water. Cut potatoes on a cutting board into half lengthwise, then cut those halves into thirds or even fourths (this depends on the size of the potato) to get wedges.
- Cooking potato wedges: Place potato wedges in a saucepan, fill with cold water and cook for 3-4 minutes to get rid of starch. This way potatoes will be soft inside and crisp from outside.
- Tossing & Seasoning: Place potato wedges into a bowl, pour with olive oil and toss to evenly coat. Season with salt, ground black pepper and garlic granules.
- Baking potato wedges: Place potato wedges onto baking sheet lined with baking paper and bake for 30 minutes (flipping halfway) until they are crisp and golden. And, they are ready for eating! Serve with your favourite dip!
About garlic granules
We spiced these baked potatoes with garlic which has strong aromatic taste. Garlic is healthy and tastes great with nearly everything and it's on the top of the list of usual kitchen spices. Add it to the mashed potatoes or spice your chicken with it.
If you don't have on hand fresh garlic, garlic powder and garlic granules are great substitutions. While garlic powder has fine and smooth texture (like flour), granulated garlic is coarsely ground (like sand). We opted for granulated garlic which pairs great with these baked potatoes.
Looking for more side-dish recipes? Check these out:
Baked Garlic Potato Wedges
MAKES: 4 servings
COOKS IN: 30 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/392°F and line 2 baking sheets with baking paper.
- Fill a medium saucepan with cold water (3/4 full), place potato wedges, bring to a boil and cook on a medium heat for 3-4 minutes. Drain wedges and leave to cool for a few minutes.
- Now, place wedges into a bowl, pour olive oil and toss to coat. Sprinkle with salt, ground black pepper and garlic granules and stir to evenly coat.
- Arrange potato wedges onto prepared baking sheets in a single layer leaving some space in between. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until tender and golden brown. Flip halfway through baking. Once baked, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.
We recommend using the measurement in grams & ml (instead of cups & spoons) for more accuracy and better results.