This webpage contains affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
MUFFINS | CHOCOLATE
Chocolate Chestnut Muffins
The intense chocolate flavour comes from the inclusion of both dark chocolate and quality cocoa powder. With the addition of chestnut purée and yogurt, these muffins turn out super moist which keeps them fresh longer. Pistachios add their specific sweet aroma and some crunchiness when you bite into the muffin.
Be sure to try these super chocolatey moist muffins enchanced with toasted pistachios. You won't need any other recipe!
More tasty recipes
you'll want to try:
How to make chocolate chestnut muffins
MAKING THE BATTER: Making these muffins start with sifting flours with baking powder and cocoa into a large bowl. Now beat chestnut purée until it becomes creamy. Melt the chocolate and butter together and add chestnut purée and Amaretto.
Whisk the egg and yogurt in a cup and stir into the chocolate mixture. Now fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients using a silicon spatula. Add chopped pistachios and stir until everything incorporated.
BAKING THE MUFFINS: Now it's time for baking the muffins. Line the muffin tray with 6 tulip-shaped muffin cups. This is best done using a cookie scoop, fill the muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake muffins in the oven preheated to 220°C (392°F) for 5 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 175°C (347°F) and bake for another 10 minutes.
The muffins are ready to serve, just leave them for a few minutes in a muffin tray to cool then transfer to wire cooling rack to cool completely, then serve.
How to store chocolate chestnut muffins
Muffins are best enjoyed the same day they are made, but can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days or frozen for up to 2 months. To freeze muffins, place them in a single layer in an airtight container or freeze on a small baking tray and them move to freezer bags.
Looking for more muffins? Take a look at these recipes:
Chocolate Chestnut Muffins
MAKES: 6 large muffins
COOKS IN: 1 hour
- 80g (2/3 cup) plain flour
- 90g (1 cup) chestnut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 20g (1/4 cup) cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 100g (3.5 ounces) dark chocolate (60-70%)
- 100g sweetened chestnut purée (defrosted)
- 40g (3 tbsp) butter
- 1 egg
- 2dl yogurt
- 50g pistachios
- 1 tablespoon Amaretto liqueur
- 1 pinch of salt
- chopped pistachios for decoration
- Preheat oven to 200°C/392°F. Line 6-cup muffin tray with tulip-shaped muffin cases.
- Sift both flours together with the baking powder and cocoa into a large bowl.
- Place the chestnut purée in a separate bowl and beat with an electric hand mixer until you get a creamy texture.
- Place the chocolate (broken into pieces) and butter into a heatproof bowl and place over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Stir until completely melted and smooth with a silky texture. Add the whisked chestnut purée and Amaretto and stir again.
- Whisk 1 egg and yogurt in a cup and pour into the chocolate mixture.
- Gradually fold the dry ingredients into the chocolate mixture using a silicon spatula until everything is incorporated. Add finely chopped pistachios.
- Using a large spoon, fill the muffin cups until 3/4 full. Bake the muffins for 5 minutes then reduce the temperature to 175°C/347°F and bake for 10 minutes more. Once baked, remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Decorate the tops of the muffins with roughly chopped pistachios before serving.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.