Truffles & Candy | No-Bake Desserts | Easy Chocolate Desserts
Creamy Chocolate Chestnut Truffles
Creamy chocolate chestnut truffles are so attractive. For this recipe you will need only 4 ingredients and you will get a bunch of delicious decadent chocolate truffles.
This webpage contains affiliate links. Please view our disclosure policy for more details.
If you love chocolate and chestnut combo, then these creamy truffles are your thing. Made from only 4 ingredients, these truffles will satisfy even the most demanding chocolate lovers.
So easy to make these truffles can be a great edible gift for Holidays, the same like our Amaretto scented truffles and almond cheesecake truffles. These chocolate truffles will look great served on this ceramic serving platters.
Shop quality kitchen supplies and cookware for your cooking adventures at Food52!
More tasty recipes you will love:
How to make creamy chocolate chestnut truffles
For these unique truffles you will need: QUALITY DARK CHOCOLATE, HEAVY OR WHIPPING CREAM, AMARETTO and some chocolate shavings for coating them. Use quality dark chocolate with a high percentage of cocoa solids (55-65% cocoa).
We love to use Nestle chocolate bars but feel free to use any other kind of quality dark chocolate (Baker's chocolate, Ghirardelli, Guittard, Lindt, Valrhona) you have on hand.
The steps for making truffles are following:
- Beat chestnut purée with electric mixer for 1 minute, until creamy.
- Chop finely the chocolate then pour hot whipping cream over it and leave for a few minutes. Stir until you get a smooth and even texture.
- Add chestnut purée and Amaretto and stir until combined. The mixture need to rest in the fridge for about 1 hour. Scoop the mixture with a teaspoon, roll into balls and coat into grated chocolate. And that's it! Your creamy chocolate chestnut truffles are ready for serving.
When rolling the truffles they may become sticky from the heat of your hands. The mixture become soft, place it in the fridge for 5 minutes and then continue making the truffles.
Best selling kitchen tools
Storing creamy chocolate chestnut truffles
For the best taste and texture, serve the truffles at room temperature. Keep the truffles covered in the fridge for 3-4 days. If stored in an airtight container in the fridge, these chocolate chestnut truffles can last for up to 2 weeks.
Looking for more chocolate recipes? Take a look at these:
Find great ideas for homemade truffles in our
Candy Recipe Collection!
Creamy Chocolate Chestnut Truffles
MAKES: 24 truffles
COOKS IN: 30 minutes plus cooling time
LEVEL: Super easy
- 200g dark chocolate 55-65% (7 ounces), finely chopped
- 100ml whipping cream 33-36% milk fat (1/3 cup + 1 tbsp)
- 200g sweetened chestnut purée
- 1 tablespoon of Amaretto liqueur
- 40-50g dark chocolate, grated (for coating)
Shop kitchen essentials for this recipe:
- Beat chestnut purée with electric hand mixer for 1 minute, until creamy.
- Gently heat whipping cream until hot but not boiling. Pour over the chocolate and stir until it is melted and you get a smooth texture.
- Add chestnut purée and Amaretto and stir until completely smooth. Place the mixture in the fridge for 1 hour or until firmly set.
- When ready, use a teaspoon or small cookies scoop to make evenly sized balls and roll them between your palms one at a time.
- Place the grated chocolate into a shallow bowl. Roll each truffle into it and place on the tray. Repeat until all are coated. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.