HOME > COOKIES
Chocolate Amaretti Cookies
This webpage contains affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
You will adore these chewy cookies that remind of little brownies. These use the same base as classic soft amaretti cookies (the main ingredients is almond flour) with addition of cocoa powder.
Why not to try our hazelnut amaretti cookies with nutty flavour.
More cookie recipes
Why you'll love almond flour
These cookies are made with almond flour, which is amazing ingredients in sweets, thanks to its texture and flavour. Almond flour makes baked goods nutty and light but in these recipe, it gives a unique marzipan-like taste.
The almond flours vary from brand to brand. Use the quality and fresh one for your baking. One of the best brands is Blue Diamond almond flour, which is finely ground and tastes amazingly nutty.
How to make chocolate amaretti cookies
Making these cookies is fairly easy and quick. Just follow the steps below:
- First combine almond flour, cocoa powder, sugar and salt in one bowl. Then beat the egg whites using electric mixer to the medium-soft peaks. Be sure not to overbeat them as the cookies might spread too much. Now incorporate egg whites to the dry ingredients until you get a soft dough.
- Now, it's time for shaping the cookies. Using a tablespoon or a small cookie scoop, portion the dough and roll into balls. Roll into icing sugar and arrange on the baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes or until the bottoms are brown. Your cookies are done. Leave them to cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
How to store chocolate amaretti cookies
Soft amaretti cookies need to be completely cool before they are stored. They can be stored in airtight container or a cookie glass jar at room temperature. Cookies should last for up to 4-5 days.
A few of our favourite cookie recipes:
Chocolate Amaretti Cookies
MAKES: 24 cookies
COOKS IN: 40 minutes
LEVEL: Super easy
HANDY KITCHEN PRODUCTS:
- Preheated the oven to 160°C (320°F) and line baking sheet with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, combine together almond flour, sugar, cocoa and salt.
- In a mixing bowl beat egg whites with almond extract until they hold medium-soft peaks.
- Add dry ingredients into the beaten egg whites and stir until you get soft and sticky dough. If the dough sticks to much to your hands, dust them with some cocoa powder.
- Place icing sugar into a shallow bowl.
- Use a teaspoon or a small cookie scoop to portion dough into balls of the size of walnuts. Roll into balls then roll into icing sugar and arrange on the baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until the tops are cracked. Cookies will be still slightly soft on the touch when baked.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool for 3-4 minutes on the sheet, then transfer to a cooling rack using a thin metal spatula.
CATEGORIES: COOKIES, ITALIAN INSPIRED, GLUTEN-FREE
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.