Hazelnut Amaretti Cookies
These Italian cookies are one of the easiest to make. They are made of hazelnut flour which makes them nutty and delicious. Not to mention they are completely gluten-free!
For those who love nutty sweets, these dense cookies will be a true find. Similar like soft amaretti cookies, but this time with more intense flavour thanks to the hazelnut flour we used in the recipe. Cookies are enriched with chopped toasted hazelnuts, adding some crunch to the texture.
Don't forget that these cookies are both completely gluten-free and grain-free. If you love these kind of cookies, why not to try our simple chocolate hazelnut cookies, also soft and nutty.
what you need to make hazelnut amaretti cookies
In this recipe we swap hazelnut flour for almond flour, commonly used for amaretti cookies. This flour has a much stronger flavour than almond and it's so nutty and robust. You can find hazelnut flour at your organic food store or order it online.
Toasted hazelnuts adds extra flavour and crunchiness to the texture. For some fresh flavour we added some finely grated orange zest. Instead of demerara sugar you can use caster, granulated or any other kind of brown sugar.
how to make hazelnut amaretti cookies
Amaretti cookies are one of the most simplest cookies to make. First combine dry ingredients - hazelnut flour, chopped hazelnuts, demerara sugar and salt in one bowl. Beat egg whites separately then fold into the dry ingredients. You should get soft and sticky dough.
Now, shaping cookies is also easy. Just grab with teaspoon small amounts of dough, roll into balls, then roll into icing sugar and place on the baking tray. Flatten slightly and bake for about 10 minutes. Your nutty and chewy cookies are ready to enjoy.
Best selling kitchen tools & gadgets
storing hazelnut amaretti cookies
Store these cookies in airtight container for up to 5 days to keep them from drying out.
looking for more cookie recipes?
For more cookie inspiration, take a look at our collection of yummy cookie recipes. Also check out our selection of interesting gluten-free cookies, too.
Shop kitchen essentials for this recipe
Digital Kitchen Scale | Electric Hand Mixer | Mixing Bowls | Silicon Spatula | Small Cookie Scoop | Baking Paper Sheets | Baking Tray | Cooling Rack | Cookie Spatula
hazelnut Amaretti Cookies Recipe
MAKES: 28 amaretti
COOKS IN: 50 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (320°F). Spread hazelnuts on a baking tray and toast for about 8 - 10 minutes until lightly browned and fragrant and the the skins start to crack. Remove from the oven and place nuts in a clean tea towel and gently rub together until the most of the skin comes off. Cool and finely chop or grind in nut grinder.
- Leave the oven temperature at 160°C (320°F). Line baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine together hazelnut flour, chopped hazelnuts and sugar in one bowl.
- In a mixing bowl beat with hand mixer egg whites with a pinch of salt until they hold soft peaks.
- Add egg whites to the dry ingredients and stir until compact dough forms.
- Using a teaspoon or a small cookie scoop, portion a dough of the size of medium-sized walnuts and roll into a ball. Roll the ball into icing sugar until evenly coated. Arrange on baking tray, leaving some space between each ball. Repeat with remaining dough. Lightly press each ball using your hands.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 9 - 10 minutes or until the bottoms are just lightly brown. Cookies should be still soft on touch. Remove the cookies from the oven, allow them to cool for about 3 - 4 minutes on the tray, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
© Secret Recipe Notebook owns the copyright on all images and text and does not allow for its original recipes and pictures to be reproduced anywhere other than at this site unless authorization is given.
Jun 04, 21 01:20 PM
Make these white chocolate mousse raspberry tarts!
May 29, 21 02:02 PM
You are going to love this refreshing lemon almond cheesecake. Amazing combination of almond crust and zesty lemon filling makes this cheesecake so adorable.
May 23, 21 02:24 PM
You are going to love these fudgy chocolate hazelnut lava cakes. Serve them with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream!
May 16, 21 12:56 PM
These summer flatbread pizza comes together quickly. It's loaded with colourful summer veggies plus mozzarella. Easy summer meal!
May 06, 21 09:42 AM
These fudgy hazelnut brownies are a true paradise for chocolate lovers. Rich and decadent and enriched with toasted hazelnuts, these brownies are best served with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream.