Cookies | Chocolate Recipes | Chestnut Flour Recipes
sugar-free Chocolate Chip Cookies
You won't miss the sugar in these sugar-free chocolate chip cookies, as they still taste just as sweet. They are made with a mix of healthy flours and are sweetened with honey.
If you're looking for a cookie with the perfect texture that's just the right amount of sweet, this recipe is for you. For these cookies we used a mix of chestnut and spelt flours, making them slightly nutty.
Dark chocolate chunks, of course in this case sugar-free, make ideal combination with these flours. To sweeten, we used only honey, no any added sugars.
Let's check how to make these adorable cookies, free from any refined sugar and packed with healthy ingredients.
Try also these tasty cookies:
Why are these cookies completely sugar-free
As the name of the cookies suggest, they don't contain any added sugar, neither refined or unrefined. But still, these cookies still taste sweet thanks to few tablespoons of HONEY we used in the recipe.
In addition, CHESTNUT FLOUR, which we used in the recipe adds sweetness to the cookies. This flour is naturally sweet and is a great addition to the cookies and cakes, making them nutritiously rich and healthier.
The chestnut flour can be found at organic food stores or ordered online.
Chocolate used in this recipe
The only sugar is the natural sugar from the chestnut flour. The chocolate we use in this recipe is natural sugar-free chocolate bar cutted into smaller chunks.
You can find these chocolates online or at your local organic food store. The chocolate is sweeten with stevia, but just as tasty as the regular one. Bonus: they melt just like regular traditional chocolate.
How to make sugar-free chocolate chip cookies
Making these cookies is so easy and quick. For this recipe you don't even need electric mixer, just two bowls, small saucepan for melting butter and hand whisk.
- Start with sifting chestnut flour in one bowl, then add spelt flour, baking soda and salt and stir everything.
- Melt cubed butter and transfer to a heatproof bowl. Add egg and vanilla extract and whisk until combined. Gradually add flours to the bowl with wet ingredients and stir to combined. The dough you get will not be compact but this is fine.
- Scoop tablespoon of the dough and press with your palms until you get a ball of the size of walnut. Arrange balls on the baking sheet 4-5 cm apart. Flatten each ball, as these cookies will not spread too much, as they don't contain any sugar. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until lightly brown.
Best selling kitchen tools
Storing sugar-free chocolate chip cookies
Store these cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for a week. We love this cute glass jar with airtight lid which keeps cookies fresh for days.
Looking for more cookies recipes? Check these out:
Like this recipe? Follow us on Pinterest for more recipes like this one! And don't forget to pin this recipe for later by clicking on one of the images above.
Sugar-free Chocolate Chip Cookies
MAKES: 18 cookies
COOKS IN: 30 minutes
KITCHEN ESSENTIALS FOR THIS RECIPE
Quality Kitchen Products - Shop here!
- 120g (1 cup) whole wheat flour
- 90g (1 cup) chestnut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- 126g (9 tbsp) butter, melted
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 60g (3 tbsp) honey
- 170g (6 ounces) sugar-free chocolate chunks
- Preheat the oven to 175°C (356°F). Line 2 baking sheets with baking paper.
- Sift the chestnut flour and combine with whole grain spelt flour, baking soda and salt in one bowl. Set aside.
- Prepare chocolate, by chopping the chocolate bar into chunks. Set aside.
- Place cubed butter in a small saucepan over a low heat and cook for about 2 - 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until the butter has melted. Transfer the butter to the heatproof bowl, add egg, honey and vanilla extract and whisk with hand whisk until combined.
- Fold in flours into wet ingredients with a wooden spoon until flour begins to disappear. Fold chocolate chunks. You will get soft dough.
- Scoop the dough using tablespoon - 1 tablespoon per cookie, roll into balls and arrange them on the baking tray, 3 - 4 cm apart. Flatten slightly each ball with your hands. Bake for about 6 - 7 minutes or until cookies start to brown on top and around the edges. Cookie will still be soft when you take them from the oven.
- Remove from the oven and allow cookies to cool on the baking tray for 2 - 3 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Cookies crispy up as they cool.