This webpage contains affiliate links. Please view our disclosure policy for more details.
COOKIES | POLENTA | GLUTEN-FREE
Gluten-Free Polenta Cookies
These simple gluten-free cookies are super easy to make and for making them you will need 7 ingredients. In this recipe we used polenta (a great addition to cookies, cakes and muffins) and rice flour, which gives nice crunchy texture.
For more gluten-free cookies, try our recipes for gluten-free hazelnut cookies, chestnut flour cookies and almond flour biscotti.
More cookie recipes you'll love:
How to make gluten-free polenta cookies
Making these cookies is so easy. You will need only 7 ingredients including POLENTA and RICE FLOUR. First combine them with baking powder and pinch of salt.
In one bowl, beat softened butter and sugar then add finely grated orange zest for amazing fresh touch. Fold flours into the creamed butter and form a soft dough.
Now it's time to bake cookies. Just pinch dough and roll into balls of the size of walnut. Flatten each and bake in the preheated oven for about 5-6 minutes. Your cookies are ready to enjoy.
Kitchen essentials you'll love:
How to store gluten-free polenta cookies
Store these crispy cookies in the airtight container for up to 7 days. We love this elegant glass cookie jar which is ideal for keeping cookies fresh for days.
Looking for more cookie recipes? Check these out:
Gluten-Free Polenta Cookies
MAKES: 28 cookies
COOKS IN: 30 minutes plus cooling time
- 120g polenta (3/4 cup)
- 105g rice flour (3/4 cup)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 112g butter (8 tbsp), at room temperature
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 55g demerara sugar (1/4 cup)
- grated zest of 1 lemon
Shop kitchen essentials for this recipe:
Kitchen Scale | Electric Hand Mixer | Mixing Bowls | Baking Sheet | Cookie Spatula
- Combine together flour, polenta, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Add egg and finely grated lemon zest and beat until incorporated.
- Now, add dry ingredients to the butter/sugar mixture and beat on a low speed until everything combined. Cover the dough with cling film and place in the fridge to cool for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 165°C/329°F and line 2 baking sheets with baking paper. If baking with one sheet, leave it to cool completely before placing another batch of cookies.
- Pinch small amount of dough and roll into balls. Place balls on the baking tray and bake for about 7-8 minutes. Leave the cookies on the tray to cool for a few minutes, then transfer to the cooling rack to cool completely.
We recommend using the measurement in grams & ml (instead of cups & spoons) for more accuracy and better results.