Cookies | Gluten-Free Cookies | Polenta Recipes
Gluten-Free Polenta Cookies
You will love these light and crispy cookies made with polenta and rice flour. With only 7 ingredients you will get a bunch of healthy and delicious cookies.
These simple gluten-free cookies are super easy to make and their rustic and crumbly texture is so adorable. For this recipe we used polenta, which is a great addition to cakes, muffins and cookies, giving them rustic appearance and sweet flavour.
These cookies combine polenta and rice flour, making these cookies completely gluten-free. If you fancy polenta in cookies, why not to try our almond polenta cookies, also delicious.
Try also these tasty recipes:
How to make gluten-free polenta cookies
Making these cookies is so easy. You will need only 7 ingredients including POLENTA and RICE FLOUR. First combine them with baking powder and pinch of salt.
In one bowl, beat softened butter and sugar then add finely grated orange zest for amazing fresh touch. Fold flours into the creamed butter and form a soft dough.
Now it's time to bake cookies. Just pinch dough and roll into balls of the size of walnut. Flatten each and bake in the preheated oven for about 5-6 minutes. Your cookies are ready to enjoy.
Best selling kitchen tools
How to store gluten-free polenta cookies
Store these crispy cookies in the airtight container for up to 7 days. We love this elegant glass cookie jar which is ideal for keeping cookies fresh for days.
Looking for more cookie recipes? Check these out:
For more cookie inspiration, take a look at our collection of yummy cookie recipes. Check out as well our selection of interesting gluten-free cookies, too.
Like this recipe? Follow us on Pinterest for more recipes like this one! And don't forget to pin this recipe for later by clicking on one of the images above.
Gluten-Free Polenta Cookies
MAKES: 28 cookies
COOKS IN: 30 minutes plus cooling time
KITCHEN ESSENTIALS FOR THIS RECIPE:
Quality Kitchen Products - Shop here!
- 120g (3/4 cup) polenta
- 105g (3/4 cup) rice flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 112g (8 tbsp) butter, at room temperature
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 55g (1/4 cup) demerara sugar
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- Combine together flour, polenta, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Add egg and finely grated lemon zest and beat until incorporated.
- Now, add dry ingredients to the butter/sugar mixture and beat on a low speed until everything combined. Cover the dough with cling film and plate in the fridge to cool for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 165°C (329°F) and line 2 baking sheets with baking paper. If baking with one sheet, leave it to cool completely before placing another batch of cookies.
- Pinch small amount of dough and roll into balls. Place balls on the baking tray and bake for about 7 - 8 minutes. Leave the cookies on the tray to cool for a few minutes, then transfer to the cooling rack to cool completely.