You will love these light and crispy cookies made with polenta and rice flour. With only 7 ingredients you will get a bunch of healthy and delicious cookies.
These simple gluten-free cookies are super easy to make and their rustic and crumbly texture is so adorable. For this recipe we used polenta, which is a great addition to cakes, muffins and cookies, giving them rustic appearance and sweet flavour.
These cookies combine polenta and rice flour, making these cookies completely gluten-free. If you fancy polenta in cookies, why not to try our almond polenta cookies, also delicious. Let's check how to make our gluten-free polenta cookies.
try also these tasty recipes:
how to make gluten-free polenta cookies
Making these cookies is so easy. You will need only 7 ingredients including polenta and rice flours. First combine them with baking powder and pinch of salt.
In one bowl, beat softened butter and sugar then add finely grated orange zest for amazing fresh touch. Fold flours into the creamed butter and form a soft dough.
Now it's time to bake cookies. Just pinch dough and roll into balls of the size of walnut. Flatten each and bake in the preheated oven for about 5 - 6 minutes. Your cookies are ready to enjoy.
how to store gluten-free polenta cookies
Store these crispy cookies in the airtight container for up to 7 days.
looking for more cookie recipes?
For more cookie inspiration, take a look at our collection of yummy cookie recipes. Also check out our selection of interesting gluten-free cookies, too.
shop Kitchen essentials for this recipe
Kitchen Scale | Hand Mixer | Mixing Bowls | Citrus Zester | Baking Tray | Baking Paper Sheets | Cooling Rack
Gluten-Free Polenta Cookies
MAKES: 28 cookies
COOKS IN: 30 minutes plus cooling time
- 120g (3/4 cup) polenta
- 105g (3/4 cup) rice flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 112g (8 tbsp) butter, at room temperature
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 55g (1/4 cup) demerara sugar
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- In a medium bowl, combine together flour, polenta, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until smooth and fluffy.
- Add egg and finely grated lemon zest and beat until incorporated.
- Now, add dry ingredients to the butter/sugar mixture and beat on a low speed until everything combined. Cover the dough with cling film and plate in the fridge to cool for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 165°C (329°F) and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Pinch small amount of dough and roll into balls. Place balls on the baking tray and bake for about 7 - 8 minutes. Leave the cookies on the tray to cool for a few minutes, then transfer to the cooling rack to cool completely.