HOME > COOKIES
Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookies
These soft gluten-free cookies are made with almond flour and a few of other ingredients. The dough comes together in a minutes and the result are buttery low-carb cookies which are not overly sweet.
For more simple gluten-free cookies, check our recipe for lemony cookies made with almond flour.
This webpage contains affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
More cookie recipes
Cookies are not overly sweet, and once from the oven they are slightly chewy but as they cool they become crisp. You will adore them along a cup of your favourite tea. If you love these cookies, you will also adore our lemony almond flour cookies.
Gluten-free flours you'll need
For these cookies we used almond flour and arrowroot flour - both gluten-free. Almond flour is great addition to baked goods and are also ideal for cookies. It is packed with nutrients and has a slightly sweeter taste. It's also a low carb.
In this recipe we mixed it with some arrowroot flour, which gives great texture. When buying almond flour, be sure to buy fresh finely ground almond flour, as not all almond flours in shops are good.
We love baking with almond flour, adding it to our gluten-free cookies such as soft cookies topped with orange marmalade and gluten-free hazelnut cookies, both amazingly delicious.
We used muscovado sugar which gives chewiness to the cookies and caramel flavour. As alternative you can use any other brown sugar such as demerara sugar.
How to make gluten-free almond flour cookies
Making these cookies is so quick - in only 10 minutes you can whip up a dough. You will need only 7 ingredients for these cookies (including salt).
- Combined ALMOND FLOUR with ARROWROOT FLOUR and salt in one bowl.
- Beat SOFTENED BUTTER and MUSCOVADO SUGAR in another bowl with freshly GRATED ORANGE ZEST and a dash of AMARETTO. Fold in dry ingredients and using your hand knead a soft dough.
- Shape cookies by pinching the dough and rolling into balls. Once you place the balls on the cookie sheet, flatten each with fork making crosshatch design on the tops. Bake for only 7-8 minutes until the cookies start to become golden.
Gluten-free almond flour cookies are lightly chewy when straight from the oven, but as they cool they become crispy.
How to store gluten-free almond flour cookies
These cookies can be stored at least a few days in an airtight container. If you want to keep them even longer, the fridge is fine for over a week. If they soften due to humidity, you can bake them in the oven at low temperature for a few minutes.
A few of our favourite cookie recipes:
Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookies
MAKES: 18 cookies
COOKS IN: 30 minutes
- 96g almond flour (1 cup)
- 20g arrowroot powder
- 56g butter (4 tbsp), at room temperature
- 25g dark muscovado sugar (1/8 cup)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon Amaretto liqueur
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/320°F, 10 minutes before baking. Line the baking sheet with baking paper.
- Combine almond flour, arrowroot flour and salt in one bowl.
- Beat with electric hand mixer butter and muscovado sugar in a medium bowl until creamy. Add grated orange zest and Amaretto and beat shortly until combined.
- Add gradually flours to the creamed butter and stir with your hands until compact and soft dough forms.
- Using a teaspoon scoop a dough balls of the size of medium walnut and place on prepared baking sheet, leaving some space between. Using a fork flatten each ball making a crosshatch design.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 7-8 minutes, until they are lightly brown on the top. Remove the tray from the oven and leave cookies for a few minutes to cool. Transfer them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
CATEGORIES: Cookies, Gluten-Free, Quick & Easy,
More tasty recipes you'll love:
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.