HOME > COOKIES
White Chocolate Pecan Cookies
The sweetness from the white chocolate complements great with toasted pecans in these delicious cookies, resulting in amazing flavour. Additional plus is that they are so easy to make.
If you love these, you'll also adore our spelt cookies packed with walnuts and chocolate.
This webpage contains affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
More cookie recipes
Ingredients you'll need
These cookies are made of a handful of ingredients so be sure to use quality ones. Let's see what you'll need for the cookie dough:
- White chocolate: Use white chocolate bar and chop into the chunks yourself. It will taste better than white chocolate chips. Plus, chunks add way more to the texture than small chips do. It will make a huge difference to the overall flavour of your white chocolate cookies!
- Pecans: These nuts give amazing nutty flavour to the cookies plus adds some crunchiness. For amazing taste, be sure to toast pecans in the oven for 10 minutes, to accent their nuttiness and make them crunchy.
- Melted butter: This recipe calls for melted butter which gives crispy and dense texture to the cookies.
- Dark muscovado sugar: This kind of sugar, which is moist adds amazing caramel aroma to the cookies that you can't get from anything else and don't allow cookies to spread much.
- Egg yolk: We skipped egg white in this recipe and use only egg yolk. This is because egg whites fluff up when beaten or whisked, and we didn't want soft puffed cookies this time.
How to make white chocolate pecan cookies
Making these cookies is so easy, you don't even need electric mixer or cookie cutters. First prepare pecans by toasting them lightly in the oven, then chopping coarsely.
- Making the dough: First combine dry ingredients in one bowl and whisk wet ingredients (egg yolk, muscovado sugar, melted butter, Amaretto) in another one (you'll love this sturdy whisk with ergonomic wooden handle). Pour this into flour and stir with a silicon spatula until you get a dough.
- Shaping & Baking cookies: Simply grab mixture with a tablespoon, form balls and arrange on baking sheet. Flatten slightly each ball and bake for 8 - 10 minutes. Be sure you don't overbake these cookies; they firm up quite a bit as they cool.
One useful tip!
For that pleasing crunch when you bite the cookie, let them cool completely. The cookies will be very crumbly when you take them from the oven so be sure not to touch them until cool. The longer the cookies cool, the crispier they'll be. Transfer them to a cooling rack so the air circulates to the bottoms of cookies.
Be sure to check out our TOP COOKIE BAKING TIPS, for the perfect cookies every single time.
Storing white chocolate pecan cookies
These cookies stay fresh in an airtight container for 5-7 days. They will look great in this cute glass jar at your kitchen counter. Baked cookies freeze well, up to 2 months, but we are sure that nothing will left for freezing.
A few of our favourite cookie recipes:
White Chocolate Pecan Cookies
MAKES: 24 cookies
COOKS IN: 40 minutes
- 120g pecans (1 cup)
- 180g plain flour (1 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 140g butter (10 tbsp), melted
- 50g dark muscovado sugar (1/4 cup)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon Amaretto liqueur
- 1 tablespoon of orange zest, finely grated
- 110g white chocolate (4 ounces)
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/320°F and line the baking sheet with baking paper. Arrange pecans in a single layer on the baking tray. Toast until browned and fragrant, stirring occasionally. This will take around 8-10 minutes. Remove them from the sheet, cool and chop coarsely on a cutting board with a sharp knife. Set aside.
- Combine plain flour, baking soda and salt in one bowl.
- Using a balloon whisk, whisk melted butter, muscovado sugar, egg yolk and Amaretto until sugar dissolves and everything is combined. Add grated orange zest to this and stir.
- Pour this mixture into dry ingredients and stir using spatula or spoon until everything incorporated.
- Fold in white chocolate chunks and chopped pecans and continue to mix with a spoon or hands until incorporated into the dough. Chill it in the fridge for about 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/320°F and line 2 baking sheets with baking paper.
- Scoop the dough using a tablespoon (1 per cookie) and place dough balls on the baking sheet, 3-4 cm apart. Flatten each balls slightly with a spoon. Bake for about 8-10 minutes or until browned on top and around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
CATEGORIES: Cookies, White Chocolate, Pecan
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.