HOME > SNACKS & NIBBLES
Pumpkin and Ham Croquettes
These healthy croquettes made with pumpkin are ideal snack for any occasion. Serve them as as a snack to your family and friends. They are also great as a picnic meal. Children will also love them, as they are so tasty.
They are soft from the inside with crispy exterior, packed with healthy ingredients (pumpkin, mozzarella, ham and semolina) and so easy to make.
Serve with mayonnaise, tomato chutney or your favourite dip.
This webpage contains affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
How to make simple pumpkin croquettes with smoked ham
Making these baked croquettes is pretty simple. The base is pumpkin purée made by roasting the pumpkin in the oven.
We'll be using hokkaido pumpkin, which we love for its nutty taste and amazing orange colour. Swap hokkaido pumpkin for any other pumpkin you have on hand (sugar pumpkin, kabocha squash, butternut squash).
Cut the pumpkin in half, scoop out the seeds and roast in the oven for 20 minutes and you have creamy base for your croquettes.
More tasty recipes
Once you scoop out the pumpkin flash and cool it down, add the rest of the ingredients: EGG, SEMOLINA, GREEK YOGURT, SEASONING (salt and pepper and coriander). In the end add HAM cutted into smaller pieces and FRESH MOZZARELLA, also cutting into very small pieces.
Breading the croquettes
For the breading we'll be using only beaten egg (with a few tablespoons of water or milk) and FINE BREADCRUMBS.
Roll a spoonful of the mixture into balls then dip into beaten egg and roll into breadcrumbs. Now, arrange balls on the baking sheet (lined with baking paper) and oil generously each ball with olive oil. This will moist the croquettes and give them nice brown colour once baked.
Serving pumpkin and ham croquettes
These croquettes are ideal for nibbling in any occasion. Serve with your favourite sauce or dip. Serve these with our creamy vegetable soup, and you have complete lunch or dinner meal.
A few of our favourite snack recipes:
Pumpkin and Ham Croquettes
MAKED: 10 croquettes
COOKS IN: 1 hour
- 200g pumpkin purée
- 40g semolina
- 1 tablespoon Greek yogurt
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 120g sliced smoked ham, cutted into smaller pieces
- 100g fresh mozzarella, cutted into smaller pieces
For the coating
- 1 large egg
- 30ml tablespoons milk or water (2 tablespoons)
- 100g fine dried breadcrumbs
- 60ml olive oil (4 tablespoons), for brushing
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin purée, semolina, Greek yogurt, ham, mozzarella, chopped parsley and stir until evenly distributed.
- Season with salt and ground pepper, add ground coriander and stir again. Cover with cling film and cool in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/356°F. Line the baking sheet with baking paper.
- Whisk whole egg and milk together in a shallow bowl. Place breadcrumbs on a separate bowl.
- Spoon tablespoons of pumpkin mixture and roll into 10 balls and place them on a plate.
- Dip balls into beaten egg then roll into breadcrumbs ensuring that they are evenly coated.
- Arrange croquettes on a baking sheet, brush generously with olive oil and bake until golden, for about 18-20 minutes. Remove from the sheet with thin metal spatula and place on the serving tray.
CATEGORIES: Snacks & Nibbles, Side Dishes,
Pumpkin & Winter Squash
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.