Crunchy Rosemary Grissini
These crunchy grissini can be served with prosciutto and cheese, with soup, with a dip - possibilities are endless. They are rustic and crunchy and flavoured with fresh rosemary.
Grissini are ideal snack food everyone loves and these are so many flavours you can choose from. These grissini are made with a mix of flours, including cornmeal which gives them crunchy twist. Enriched with fresh rosemary leaves, these grissini are so delicious. These crunchy grissini make a delicious appetizer or you can serve them with your favourite soup or just nibble throughout the day.
The best things about grissini is that they have uneven, rustic look you you don't have to worry about making them look perfect. If you love these grissini, you might also like our multigrain rosemary crackers, enchanced with fresh rosemary.
how to make crunchy rosemary grissini
Making these crunchy rosemary grissini is so easy. For this recipe you will need only one bowl in which you combine all dry ingredients. Then make a well in the centre and pour warm milk and olive oil. Make a soft dough and leave to rise until doubled.
Now, it's time to shape the grissini. We do it in the way that we shape the dough into rectangle using a rolling pin - about 3mm thick. Then we cut stripes with a pastry wheel or a sharp knife then roll each stripe into the log and twist several times. Place grissini onto baking tray lined with baking paper and bake until brown and crunchy.
When shaping the grissini, their size and how long or thick they are is totally up to you. In this recipe we make them thin you once baked they will be crunchy. If you like them thicker just cut wider strips. Just make sure the stripes of dough are as equal as possible so that they bake evenly.
how to store crunchy Rosemary grissini
Once they are cool store them in an airtight container.
looking for more snack recipes?
shop Kithen essentials for this recipe
Kitchen Scale | Mixing Bowl | Pastry Mat | Pastry Wheel | Baking Tray | Baking Paper Sheet | Pastry Brush
Crunchy Rosemary Grissini recipe
MAKES: 28 grissini
COOKS IN: 30 minutes plus rising time
- 100g plain flour
- 50g spelt flour
- 50g polenta (cornmeal)
- 1 teaspoon instant dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 150 ml milk, slightly warm
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- Combine flours and polenta with instant dry yeast, salt and sugar in a large bowl. Add finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves and stir until combined.
- Make a well in the middle and pour olive oil and milk. Stir using a fork until all flour is incorporated. Now, turn out the dough onto floured work surface and continue to knead the dough for about 4 - 5 minutes. The dough should be shiny, elastic and soft. Put the dough into oiled bowl and keep in the warm place for about 30 minutes.
- Now, prepare the baking tray by lining it with baking paper and preheat the oven to 180°C (356°F).
- Shape the dough into a rough flat square and using a knife cut 0.5 cm wide stripes. Roll each stripe on the work surface and twist several times. Place on the baking tray and continue with the rest of the dough. If the dough is sticky, sprinkle a small amount of flour on your work surface before rolling.
- For adding herbs, take 1 teaspoon of finely chopped fresh herbs and knead into the dough and roll into snakes, as above. To add seeds, make snakes as above. Measure out a couple of tablespoons of seeds and arrange them in a long line. Lay your snake over the seeds and press gently then take snakes and place on baking tray. Twits each snake several times to create a swirl.
- Brush grissini with some olive oil and let them rest for about 10 minutes on the tray. Bake in the oven for about 6 - 7 minutes or until grissini are brown and crispy. The grissini will burn easily so keep an eye on them and take them out when they are golden brown. Transfer the grissini to a cooling rack to cool.
Jun 04, 21 01:20 PM
Make these white chocolate mousse raspberry tarts!
May 29, 21 02:02 PM
You are going to love this refreshing lemon almond cheesecake. Amazing combination of almond crust and zesty lemon filling makes this cheesecake so adorable.
May 23, 21 02:24 PM
You are going to love these fudgy chocolate hazelnut lava cakes. Serve them with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream!
May 16, 21 12:56 PM
These summer flatbread pizza comes together quickly. It's loaded with colourful summer veggies plus mozzarella. Easy summer meal!
May 06, 21 09:42 AM
These fudgy hazelnut brownies are a true paradise for chocolate lovers. Rich and decadent and enriched with toasted hazelnuts, these brownies are best served with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream.