HOME > BREAD & PIZZA
Simple Yogurt Flatbreads
You are going to love these simple flatbreads made from plain flour and Greek yogurt. These are so easy to make, requiring just a minute or two of kneading.
For more great flatbread ideas check out our soft homemade flatbreads and spelt flour flatbreads, both easy to make and delicious.
This webpage contains affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Serving ideas for simple yogurt flatbreads
These simple yogurt flatbreads are so versatille. They can be served in so many ways, here are some of the best:
- Just brush them all over with herby garlic butter as they come off the pan, then pile on the plate.
- Flatbreads are lovely just as they are alongside a creamy soup, with a fresh salad or dunked in some homemade dip. We like to enjoy them with salmon or tuna pâté - it's so yummy!
- These flatbreads are soft and pliable and perfect for using as a wrap, stuffed with whatever you like - fresh veggies, grilled chicken or a stew.
These flatbreads are ideal for making quick pizza snacks for light lunch or dinner. You'll love our summer vegetable flatbreads and zucchini pancetta flatbreads, both super delicious.
you'll want to try:
Useful tips for making simple yogurt flatbreads
- We've used plain flour to make these flatbreads but other flours should also work. Why not to try our flatbreads made with spelt flour which has more dense texture and nutty flavour.
- To flavour simple yogurt flatbreads add dried or chopped fresh herbs you like. For the best flavour, add a teaspoon when using dried or a couple teaspoons when using fresh herbs. To add delicate sweet aroma and some crunch add sesame seeds to the dough, like we did in our sesame flatbreads.
- Cook flatbreads on a medium-high heat as they need to puff.
- Once cooked place them on the plate and cover with another plate or with aluminium foil to keep warm.
- In this recipe we make medium-sized flatbreads so we get around 6 pieces. If you would like smaller one, divide the dough into 10 pieces.
How to store simple yogurt flatbreads
This is also a great make ahead recipe, the dough keeps for around 3 days in the fridge. Roll each ball out into rounds ready for cooking. Use cling film or baking paper to keep them separated. They also last well in the freezer up to 1 month.
A few of our favourite bread & pizza recipes:
Simple Yogurt Flatbreads
MAKES: 6 medium-sized flatbreads
COOKS IN: 30 minutes
LEVEL: Super easy
HANDY KITCHEN PRODUCTS:
- 240g plain flour (2 cups)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 195g Greek yogurt (3/4 cup + 1 tbsp), at room temperature
- olive oil, for greasing
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl, then add Greek yogurt. Mix everything with a spoon, then use clean hands to bring everything together.
- Dust a clean work surface with flour, then tip out the dough. Knead the dough for a minute, put into floured bowl and cover with kitchen towel and leave aside for 10 minutes.
- Dust a work surface and rolling pin with flour, then divide the dough into 6 pieces. Take each piece and roll into ball. Dust the ball with flour, flatten using your fingers, then with a rolling pin roll into rounds (6-7 cm in diameter), roughly 2-3 mm thick.
- Lightly oil the non-stick frying pan or a skillet and place on a medium heat. Once hot cook flatbreads for 1-2 minutes on each side or until puffed up slightly. There should be a small golden brown spots on both sides. If the pan seems too hot or is smoking, turn the heat down slightly. Continue with remaining flatbreads. Keep the cooked flatbreads warm, wrapped in foil or a clean tea towel, until you cook the rest.
CATEGORIES: Bread & Pizza, Side Dishes, Quick & Easy
Looking for more recipes?
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.