HOME > BREAD & PIZZA
Simple Yogurt Flatbreads
Simple flatbreads made from 4 basic ingredients with the dough that requires just a minute or two of kneading. These are delicious just brushed with herby garlic butter, alongside a creamy soup or topped with some smoked salmon or tuna pâté (so yummy).
So soft and pliable and perfect for using as a wrap, stuffed with whatever you like - fresh veggies, grilled chicken or a stew.
Why not to try also our rustic version of flatbreads made with spelt flour!
This webpage contains affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
you'll want to try:
Useful tips for making simple yogurt flatbreads
- We've used plain flour to make these flatbreads but other flours should also work. Why not to try our flatbreads made with spelt flour which has more dense texture and nutty flavour.
- To flavour simple yogurt flatbreads add dried or chopped fresh herbs you like. For the best flavour, add a teaspoon when using dried or a couple teaspoons when using fresh herbs. To add delicate sweet aroma and some crunch add sesame seeds to the dough, like we did in our sesame flatbreads.
- Cook flatbreads on a medium-high heat as they need to puff.
- Once cooked place them on the plate and cover with another plate or with aluminium foil to keep warm.
- In this recipe we make medium-sized flatbreads so we get around 6 pieces. If you would like smaller one, divide the dough into 10 pieces.
How to store simple yogurt flatbreads
This is also a great make ahead recipe, the dough keeps for around 3 days in the fridge. Roll each ball out into rounds ready for cooking. Use cling film or baking paper to keep them separated. They also last well in the freezer up to 1 month.
A few of our favourite bread & pizza recipes:
Simple Yogurt Flatbreads
MAKES: 6 medium-sized flatbreads
COOKS IN: 30 minutes
LEVEL: Super easy
- 240g plain flour (2 cups)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 195g Greek yogurt (3/4 cup + 1 tbsp), at room temperature
- olive oil, for greasing
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl, then add Greek yogurt. Mix everything with a spoon, then use clean hands to bring everything together.
- Dust a clean work surface with flour, then tip out the dough. Knead the dough for a minute, put into floured bowl and cover with kitchen towel and leave aside for 10 minutes.
- Dust a work surface and rolling pin with flour, then divide the dough into 6 pieces. Take each piece and roll into ball. Dust the ball with flour, flatten using your fingers, then with a rolling pin roll into rounds (6-7 cm in diameter), roughly 2-3 mm thick.
- Lightly oil the non-stick frying pan or a skillet and place on a medium heat. Once hot cook flatbreads for 1-2 minutes on each side or until puffed up slightly. There should be a small golden brown spots on both sides. If the pan seems too hot or is smoking, turn the heat down slightly. Continue with remaining flatbreads. Keep the cooked flatbreads warm, wrapped in foil or a clean tea towel, until you cook the rest.
CATEGORIES: Bread & Pizza, Side Dishes, Quick & Easy
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.