HOME > BREAD & PIZZA
Spelt Flour Flatbreads
We adore these healthy flatbreads, made with spelt flour and Greek yogurt. So easy to make these are great side-dish with any meal, soup, dip, curry or more. This recipe makes 12 small flatbreads.
These are ideal for making little flatbread pizzas - such as our summer flatbreads and zucchini and pancetta flatbreads. For simple yogurt flatbread, check here!
This webpage contains affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
More tasty recipes
you'll want to try:
Why you'll love spelt flour flatbreads
They has no yeast, doesn't need hours to rest. Make the dough for the flatbreads, roll it out, grill or cook then brush with the herbed garlic butter, done!
Easy and ready in minutes! No yeast, no waiting for an hour for the dough to sit and rise. The yogurt adds moisture while baking powder adds the fluffiness.
Useful tips for making spelt flour flatbreads
- To flavour spelt flour flatbreads add your favourite dried or fresh herbs. For the best flavour, add a teaspoon when using dried or a couple teaspoons when using fresh herbs.
- Cook flatbreads on a medium-high heat as they need to puff.
- Once cooked place them on the plate and cover with another plate or with aluminium foil to keep warm.
- This is also a great make ahead recipe - the dough keeps for around 3 days in the fridge.
- Also, you can roll the flatbreads, separate with baking paper, and freeze for a month or two, and then fry once you need them.
- This dough is enough for 12 small-sized flatbreads. If you prefer the larger one, divide the dough into 8 pieces.
A few of our favourite snack recipes:
Spelt Flour Flatbreads
COOKS IN: 30 minutes
LEVEL: Super easy
- 200g (1 3/4 cup) whole spelt flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 195g (3/4 cup + 1 tbsp) Greek yogurt
- Combine the spelt flour and baking powder in a medium bowl, then add Greek yogurt. Mix everything with a spoon, then use clean hands to bring everything together.
- Dust a clean work surface with flour, then tip out the dough.
- Knead the dough for a minute, put into floured bowl and cover with kitchen towel and cool in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Dust a work surface and rolling pin with flour, then divide the dough into smaller pieces. Using your hands flatten each ball, then with a rolling pin roll each piece into 8-10cm rounds, roughly 2-3mm thick.
- Place the skillet or frying pan on high heat then brush with olive oil. Cook each flatbread for 1-2 minutes on each side or until puffed up. Remove from the heat and pile on the plate. Brush the flatbreads all over with hearby garlic butter as they come off the pan, then pile on the plate.
CATEGORIES: Bread & Pizza, Side Dishes, Quick & Easy
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.