Snacks & Nibbles | Rosemary
Rosemary Flatbread Crackers
You are going to love these thin and crispy flatbread crackers scented with fresh rosemary. They are so easy to make! No rising needed!
This webpage contains affiliate links. Please view our disclosure policy for more details.
You will be amazed how easy these crispy rosemary flatbread crackers can be made. Seven simple ingredients are all you will need to make them. There is no yeast and no rising needed. These crackers are flavoured with fresh rosemary and just right amount of freshly ground black pepper.
Make these crackers and serve them with a platter of cheese and prosciutto, your favourite dip or creamy soup. Or just nibble them throughout the day. If you love taste of fresh rosemary, you should definitely try our multigrain rosemary crackers.
Try also these tasty recipes:
How to make rosemary flatbread crackers
For these rosemary flatbread crackers you will need just one bowl. Combine together PLAIN FLOUR, CHOPPED ROSEMARY LEAVES, GROUND PEPPER, SUGAR and SALT in a medium bowl. Pour the OLIVE OIL and WATER and stir until everything incorporated.
Divide the dough into 10 pieces and roll each piece thinly. Keep your work surface and rolling pin dusted so the dough don't stick and break. Brush each cracker with olive oil and bake in the oven for about 8-10 minutes until slightly brown. Your crackers are ready and you can enjoy them alone or dip in your favourite dip.
Storing rosemary flatbread crackers
These crackers can be made 2 days ahead and cooled completely, then kept in an airtight container at room temperature.
Looking for more snacks? Take a look at these recipes:
For more crispy homemade crackers and other nibbles,
check out our Nibbles Recipe Collection!
Rosemary Flatbread Crackers
MAKES: 20 large crackers
COOKS IN: 30 minutes
- 180g plain flour (1 1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 95ml water (1/3 cup + 1 tbsp), cold
Ideal for prepping, mixing and serving!
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (428°F), and line 2 baking sheets with baking paper.
- Combine together the flour, chopped rosemary leaves, pepper, salt and sugar in a medium bowl.
- Make a well in the centre of flours and add the water and olive oil then gradually stir until a dough forms. Let the dough rest for about 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 10-12 pieces (size of walnut) and roll each piece as thin as possible. The secret of rolling this thin is to keep your rolling pin and work surface well floured, otherwise the dough will stick to the surface. You will need bake in several batches.
- Transfer rolled dough pieces to prepared baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes, but check periodically to make sure it's not getting too brown. Bake until pale golden and browned in spots. Remove the tray from the oven and transfer the crackers to cooling rack.
Kitchen equipment you will need:
Ideal for rolling out cookie dough,
pie crust and pasta!
Ideal for baking perfect cookies
and other baked goods!