Snacks & Nibbles
Whole Grain Sesame Chia Crackers
You will love these healthy crackers made with whole grain flour and packed with sesame and chia seeds. They are ideal party snack or healthy bite throughout the day.
Make a heathier switch when it comes to snacking by making your own version of crackers. These one will thick all boxes - they are healthy, delicious and easy to make. They are made up of just a few quality ingredients, including whole grain flour, buttermilk, olive and seeds.
In just 30 minutes and a handful of ingredients is all you need to make these healthy and tempting snack crackers.
Try also these tasty recipes:
What makes these crackers so healthy
These crispy crackers are packed with a mix of sesame and chia seeds. Chia seeds are so rich in nutrients and have various health benefits. While sesame seeds gives great texture and flavour. In addition, there is also some olive oil and buttermilk, both great ingredients.
We used 4cm round cookie cutter to cut out the crackers and get 40 small round crackers. However, you can use any shape and size. Once you cut the shapes, arrange them on a baking tray and prick 2 - 3 times each with a fork. They bake for about 8 - 10 minutes or until they are lightly golden around the edges.
Best selling kitchen tools
Serving whole grain sesame chia crackers
Once cool these crackers are ready to eat straight away. Serve them with cheese or pate, dip into your favourite dip or just spoon some cream cheese on the top. We are sure they won't last long.
They will look great in these colourful porcelain bowls that are both practical and pretty.
Looking for more snacks? Take a look at these recipes:
For more snack inspiration, take a look at our collection of snack recipes. Also check out our selection of other tempting bread & pizza recipes, too.
Like this recipe? Follow us on Pinterest for more recipes like this one! And don't forget to pin this recipe for later by clicking on one of the images above.
Whole grain Sesame Chia Crackers
MAKES: 40 crackers
COOKS IN: 30 minutes plus resting time
KITCHEN ESSENTIALS FOR THIS RECIPE:
Quality Kitchen Products - Shop here!
- 120g (1 cup) whole grain flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- a few grinds of black pepper
- 30ml (2 tablespoons) olive oil
- 60ml (1/4 cup) buttermilk
- 20g (2 tbsp) chia seeds
- 18g (2 tbsp) sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (360°F). Line the baking sheet with baking paper.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, chia and sesame seeds, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the centre of flours, add the buttermilk and olive oil. Stir while gradually incorporating the flour into the wet ingredients. Add additional buttermilk if it is too dry.
- Turn out the dough onto lightly floured work surface and knead for a few minutes. Set aside to rest for about 10 minutes.
- Lightly flour the work surface and the rolling pin. Split the dough into half and roll each piece as thinly as possible (2mm), turning the dough as you roll to prevent sticking. Use a cookie cutter or small glass to cut out rounds.
- Place the crackers on prepared baking sheet and prick each cracker with a fork 2 - 3 times.
- Bake in the oven for 9 - 10 minutes or until the edges of crackers turn brown and crackers are crisp, rotating the pans midway through baking. Watch carefully as crackers burn easily. Let cool on the pan and store in an airtight container.