This webpage contains affiliate links. Please view our disclosure policy for more details.
SNACKS & NIBBLES | ZUCCHINI | SUMMER RECIPES
Quick Fried Zucchini Balls
Everyone loves these little fried zucchini balls, with soft centers and crispy exterior. Ready in only 30 minutes, they can be served as a snack, appetizer or even a light lunch or dinner!
They are wonderfully nutritious, low in calories and the perfect way to sneak in some veggies for those picky eaters.
For more zucchini snacks, try our recipes for simple zucchini fritters and pancetta and zucchini fritters, both healthy and delicious.
More healthy recipes you'll want to try:
How to make quick fried zucchini balls
Making the batter
These little zucchini balls are so easy to whip up. Simply grate zucchini, sprinkle them with salt and drain completely with your hands or using a clean cloth. Whisk eggs, Greek yogurt then add some salt and pepper. Fold flours plus baking powder then add prepared zucchini. The batter is ready for frying.
Frying the zucchini balls
These zucchini balls are the best fried in small skillet. Heat the oil over a medium-high heat (the oil should be around 1.5cm deep).
When the bubbles begin to rise from the bottom of the skillet, drop 1/2 tablespoons of the mixture into the oil. Fry for a few minutes on each side then transfer to a plate with kitchen paper to drain.
Looking for more snack recipes? Check these out:
MAKES: 20 zucchini balls
COOKS IN: 30 minutes
- 340g zucchini (3/4 pound)
- 1 egg
- 60g Greek yogurt (1/4 cup)
- 30g plain flour (1/4 cup)
- 30g cornflour (flour that's milled from dried corn kernels) (1/4 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- sunflower oil, for frying
- Coarsely grate zucchini using a large holes of the box grater and sprinkle with salt. Leave for 10 minutes, then squeeze excess moisture from zucchini.
- Combine plain and corn flour together with baking powder.
- Whisk an egg, Greek yogurt and salt in a medium bowl.
- Gradually add flours and whisk until you get a thick batter. Fold in zucchini and stir with spatula or a spoon until combined.
- Pour the oil into a small skillet and heat on a medium heat. Using a tablespoon, scoop a small amount of batter and drop into the hot oil. Fry 4-5 zucchini balls at a time for about 2-3 minutes or until they are golden. Turn the balls during the frying. Drain them on the paper towels and serve while still warm!
We recommend using the measurement in grams & ml (instead of cups & spoons) for more accuracy and better results.