Everyone loves these quick fried zucchini balls packed with healthy ingredients. They are great choice for a snack, appetizer or light meal.
You will adore these little zucchini balls which are soft center and crispy from outside. You can have them in only 30 minutes and serve as snack, an appetizer or even a light lunch!
They are wonderfully nutritious, low in calories and the perfect way to sneak in some veggies for those picky eaters. These easy to make fritters are loaded with fresh zucchini with addition of Greek yogurt which gives some tanginess to the flavour.
If you are fan of simple recipes with shredded zucchini, why not to try our easy zucchini fritters or summer flatbread pizza.
Try also these tasty recipes:
How to make quick fried zucchini balls
These little zucchini balls are so easy to whip up. Simply shred zucchini, sprinkle them with salt and drain completely with your hands or using a clean cloth. Whisk eggs, Greek yogurt then add some salt and pepper. Fold flours plus baking powder then add prepared zucchini. The batter is ready for frying.
Heat deep frying pan with sunflower oil and once heated 1/2 tablespoon mixture into the oil. Fry for a few minutes on each side then transfer to a plate with kitchen paper to drain.
Looking for more snacks to try?
Shop kitchen essentials for this recipe
Digital Kitchen Scale | Mixing Bowls | Box Grater | Measuring Spoons | Wire Whisk | Silicon Spatula | Small Skillet | Slotted Spoon
Quick Fried Zucchini Balls
MAKES: 20 zucchini balls
COOKS IN: 30 minutes
- 340g (3/4 pound) zucchini
- 1 egg
- 60g (1/4 cup) Greek yogurt
- 30g (1/4 cup) plain flour
- 30g (1/4 cup) cornflour (flour that's milled from dried corn kernels)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- sunflower oil for frying
- Coarsely grate zucchini using a large holes of the box grater and sprinkle with salt. Leave for 10 minutes, then squeeze excess moisture from zucchini.
- Combine plain and corn flour together with baking powder.
- Whisk an egg, Greek yogurt and salt in a medium bowl.
- Gradually add flours and whisk until you get a thick batter.
- Fold prepared zucchini and stir with spatula or a spoon until combined.
- Fill small skillet with oil and heat on a medium heat. Using a tablespoon, scoop a small amount of batter and drop into the hot oil. Fry 4 - 5 zucchini balls at a time for about 2 - 3 minutes or until they are golden. Turn the balls during the frying. Drain them on the paper towels and serve while still warm!