Snacks & Nibbles | Bread & Pizza | Italian Inspired Recipes
Bacon Mozzarella Pizza Muffins
Everybody loves these delicious pizza muffins packed with tasty ingredients - refreshing tomato sauce, smoky bacon and milky mozzarella. Ideal for breakfast or brunch!
This webpage contains affiliate links. Please view our disclosure policy for more details.
We adore these pizza muffins which are simple, quick and so delicious. This recipe makes 6 adorable pizza muffins ideal for breakfast, brunch or for a party buffet.
The great thing about these easy pizza muffins is that you can prepare them in advance. For more pizza ideas, check our recipe for pizza topped with smoked ham and pumpkin and pizza rolls filled with ham and mozzarella.
More tasty recipes you will love:
How to make bacon mozzarella pizza muffins
You will enjoy making these little snacks packed with tasty ingredients. Making them is easy once you have the dough ready.
- MAKING THE PIZZA DOUGH: For the start, you need to make the simple pizza dough. Combine all dry ingredients in a medium bowl, add oil and warm milk and knead a soft pizza dough. Leave to rest for 20 minutes.
- PREPARE THE FILLING: In the meantime, prepare filling and sauce for the pizza muffins. For this recipe you can use homemade tomato sauce or bottled one from the store. For the topping we used smoked bacon and mozzarella cheese.
- ASSEMBLING PIZZA MUFFINS: Once the dough is ready, roll out with a rolling pin to about 5mm thickness. Using 7cm cutter, cut rounds from the dough and line oiled 6-cup muffin tray. Spread pizza sauce over base and sides, then fill with mozzarella and slices of smoked bacon. Sprinkle with dried oregano and bake until golden. They are the best while still warm but can be heated in the oven or microwave if served later.
Handpicked Kitchen Essentials
for your cooking adventures!
Looking for more snack recipes? Take a look at these:
Bacon Mozzarella Pizza Muffins
MAKES: 6 pizza muffins
COOKS IN: 30 minutes plus rising time
For the dough
- 200g 00 flour or plain flour (2 1/2 cups)
- 3g instant dry yeast (1 teaspoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 150ml milk or water (1/2 cup + 2 tbsp), lukewarm
For the filling
- 6 tablespoons tomato sauce, homemade or store-bought
- 125g mozzarella (1 ball of fresh mozzarella), cutted into small chunks
- 85g smoked bacon (3 ounces), thinly sliced and cutted
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano or basil
Shop kitchen essentials for this recipe:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (356°F). Brush with oil 6 - cup muffin tray.
- Combine flours, instant dry yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the middle, add oil and pour gradually water. Stir until you get a soft dough. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 3-4 minutes. Place the dough into oiled bowl and leave to rise for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough until 5mm thick. Using 7cm round cutter, cut 6 rounds from dough. Line holes of prepared muffin tray with dough. If you don't have 7cm cutter, pinch off a dough ball and flatten in the palm of your hand then press into a muffin cup.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of tomato sauce over base and sides of the dough. Sprinkle with mozzarella and bacon and then with dried oregano.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until bases are golden and cheese is melted. Stand in pan for 5 minutes. Serve while still warm!