HOME > SNACKS & NIBBLES
Bacon Mozzarella Pizza Muffins
We adore these pizza muffins which are simple, quick and so delicious. This recipe makes 6 adorable pizza muffins ideal for breakfast, brunch or for a party buffet. Ideal for preparing in advance!
This webpage contains affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
How to make bacon mozzarella pizza muffins
You will enjoy making these little snacks packed with tasty ingredients. Making them is easy once you have the dough ready.
MAKING THE PIZZA DOUGH: For the start, you need to make the simple pizza dough. Combine all dry ingredients in a medium bowl, add oil and warm milk and knead a soft pizza dough. Leave to rest for 20 minutes.
PREPARE THE FILLING: In the meantime, prepare filling and sauce for the pizza muffins. For this recipe you can use homemade tomato sauce or bottled one from the store. For the topping we used smoked bacon and mozzarella cheese.
More snack recipes
you'll want to try:
ASSEMBLING PIZZA MUFFINS: Once the dough is ready, roll out with a rolling pin to about 5mm thickness. Using 7cm cutter, cut rounds from the dough and line oiled 6-cup muffin tray.
Spread pizza sauce over base and sides, then fill with mozzarella and slices of smoked bacon. Sprinkle with dried oregano and bake until golden. They are the best while still warm but can be heated in the oven or microwave if served later.
A few of our favourite snack recipes:
Bacon Mozzarella Pizza Muffins
MAKES: 6 pizza muffins
COOKS IN: 30 minutes plus rising time
HANDY KITCHEN PRODUCTS:
For the dough
- 200g flour 00 or plain flour (2 1/2 cups)
- 3g instant dry yeast (1 teaspoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 150ml milk or water (1/2 cup + 2 tbsp), lukewarm
For the filling
- 6 tablespoons tomato sauce, homemade or store-bought
- 125g mozzarella (1 ball of fresh mozzarella), cutted into small chunks
- 85g smoked bacon (3 ounces), thinly sliced and chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano or basil
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (356°F). Brush with oil 6 - cup muffin tray.
- Combine flours, instant dry yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the middle, add olive oil and pour gradually milk or water. Stir until you get a soft dough.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 3-4 minutes. Place the dough into oiled bowl and leave to rise for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough until 5mm thick. Using 7cm round cutter, cut 6 rounds from dough.
- Line holes of prepared muffin tray with dough. If you don't have 7cm cutter, pinch off a dough ball and flatten in the palm of your hand then press into a muffin cup.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of tomato sauce over base and sides of the dough. Sprinkle with mozzarella and bacon and then with dried oregano.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until bases are golden and cheese is melted. Stand in pan for 5 minutes. Serve while still warm!
CATEGORIES: SNACKS & NIBBLES, BREAKFAST & BRUNCH,
ITALIAN INSPIRED, MOZZARELLA
Looking for more recipes?
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.