ZUCCHINI | PANCETTA
Zucchini Pancetta Fritters
You will adore these zucchini fritters packed with pancetta! These makes a great choice for light lunch! So easy to make!
This webpage contains affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These zucchini fritters with pancetta are easy to make, packed with veggies and very addictive! Simply grate your zucchini, drain from the water and combine with the rest of ingredients. Scoop the mixture onto a hot skillet and fry them. Easy enough, right?
This recipe contains pancetta which is Italian cured meat and can be found in the food stores cubed and ready to use.
These fritters are nutritious, low in calories and the perfect way to sneak in some veggies for those picky eaters. You can serve these zucchini fritters as a snack, an appetizer and even a light lunch!
How to make zucchini pancetta fritters
- SHREDDING ZUCCHINI: For the batter first grate zucchini (use large holes on a box grater) and place them in a colander over a bowl, season with salt and leave for 10-15 minutes. Squeeze the excess moisture out of the zucchini by grabbing a handful of it and squeezing it.
- MAKING THE BATTER: In one bowl, whisk eggs, milk, ricotta then gradually add flour mixed with baking powder. Stir in the oat flakes, oregano and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add shredded zucchini and fried pancetta and combine everything.
- FRYING THE FRITTERS: For frying, place 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a non-stick skillet and once heated scoop tablespoons of batter for each fritter, flattening with a spatula. Fry for about 2 minutes on each side until golden. Transfer fritters to the serving plate.
Looking for more snacks to try? Take a look at these:
Zucchini Pancetta Fritters
MAKES: 20 fritters
COOKS IN: 30 minutes
Kitchen essentials for this recipe:
Kitchen Scale | Mixing Bowl | Box Grater | Wire Whisk | Skillet | Silicon Spatula | Serving Platter
- 100g pancetta, diced
- 200g zucchini (1 medium zucchini)
- 2 medium eggs
- 80ml milk
- 100g fresh ricotta
- 40g plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 40g instant oat flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- salt and ground black pepper
- olive oil, for frying
- Dry-fry pancetta in a frying pan until crisp. Set aside.
- Grate zucchini coarsely, season with salt and let it sit for 10-15 minutes. Squeeze the excess moisture from zucchini.
- Whisk eggs, milk and ricotta in a medium bowl using a balloon whisk. Gradually add the flour mixed with baking powder whisking constantly. Stir in the oat flakes, oregano and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add zucchini and fried pancetta and mix to combine.
- In a non-stick skillet heat over a medium heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Scoop tablespoons of batter for each fritter, flattening with a spatula, and cook for about 2 minutes on each side until golden. Remove from the pan and set aside. To serve, place the fritters on a plate with a dollop of sour cream or your favourite sauce.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.