Home > Snacks & Nibbles
Crispy Baked Carrot Chips
This webpage contains affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Baked carrot chips is one of the easiest veggie snacks to make. Just thinly slice carrots, toss with some olive oil, season with salt and bake in the oven.
And you have a bunch of healthy snacks for the day! They are also so tasty, naturally sweet and turn very crisp in the oven.
We are sure you'll also love our baked sweet potato chips.
More tasty recipes
What you'll need
- CARROTS: Pick fattest carrots you can find to get large slices. Peel off the skin if the skin is rough, otherwise leave it on.
- OLIVE OIL: Use quality olive oil, you will need just 2 tablespoons of olive oil for this amount of chips.
- SALT: Carrots are naturally sweet, so a sprinkle of salt will balance them out.
STEPS FOR MAKING CRISPY CARROT CHIPS:
- Start with slicing the carrots. First, rinse the carrots, trim the tops off then using a mandolin slicer, slice them thinly (1mm) at angle (this way you will get longer slices). You can also do this using a sharp knife on a wooden cutting board.
- Place the carrot slices in a large bowl and add olive oil. Toss well to coat thoroughly.
- You will need to bake this amount in 3 batches. Prepare the baking sheet by lining it with baking paper, then lay the slices in a single layer across the sheet. Sprinkle with fine salt.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the edges start to curl up, then flip each slice and bake for another 5-6 minutes.
These baked carrot chips are great picnic or late night snack. Enjoy them without any guilt!
Flavouring the chips...
While these chips are delicious with just a sprinkle of salt, you can spice them with a range of spices. They'll taste great spices with garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, sweet or smoked paprika, chili powder or any combination of these.
These bright orange snack will look great served in these pretty white bowls made of durable porcelain.
A few of our favourite snack recipes:
Crispy Baked Carrot Chips
SERVES: 4 servings
COOKS IN: 45 minutes
LEVEL: Super easy
HANDY KITCHEN TOOLS:
- 600g carrots (3 large carrots)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/356°F. Line the baking sheet with baking paper.
- Rinse the carrots, trim the tops off. Starting from the thick end slice the carrots paper-thin to create long slices. The easiest way to do this is by using mandolin slicer but you can do this also with a sharp knife on a cutting board.
- Transfer sliced carrots in a bowl, then add olive oil. Toss well to coat.
- Lay the slices in a single layer of the baking sheet. Sprinkle with fine salt. You will need to bake chips in several batches.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the edges start to curl up, then flip each slice and bake for another 5-6 minutes. They will continue to crisp up as they cool. Remove from the sheet and place to a bowl.
CATEGORIES: Snacks & Nibbles, Carrot
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.