- Raspberry White Chocolate Mousse Raspberry Tarts
Raspberry White Chocolate mousse tarts
You are going to love these little tarts made of crumbly almond dough and white chocolate mousse topped with fresh raspberries.
If you are looking for a light creamy summer tarts, these raspberry white chocolate tarts would be an ideal choice. Simple almond crust filled with silky white chocolate mousse made of only 2 ingredients and fresh raspberries - made these delicious tarts.
how to make tart crust
Crust for these little tarts is so easy to make. You will need ALMONDS, PLAIN FLOUR, BROWN SUGAR, SALT, BUTTER, EGG YOLK AND GRATED LEMON ZEST. First toast almonds in the oven to enchance the flavour and grind them finely. Continue with placing flour, sugar, salt and almonds in the medium bowl, then rub cold butter, add grated lemon zest and in the end egg yolk. Knead the dough easily.
which tart tins to use for baking
These individual tarts are baked in mini tart tins. We like to use these 10cm/4 inch individual tart tins with removable bottoms and non-stick surface so you don't need to grease them. These are ideal as they allow simple baking, easy removal of tarts and easy cleaning. They are made of high quality carbon steel which is durable and ideal for even and quickly baking of tarts.
making the white chocolate mousse
Making the filling for these tarts couldn't be easier. First melt white chocolate with some cream in the double boiler, leave to cool. Beat the rest of the whipping cream until soft peaks form then fold it into the melted white chocolate. Cool in the fridge for 20 - 30 minutes. You will get silky and delicious mousse ideal for filling these tarts.
storing raspberry white chocolate mousse tarts
Store these tarts in the fridge covered with aluminium foil for up to 3 days.
shopping kitchen essentials for this recipe
Digital Kitchen Scale | Electric Hand Mixer | Mixing Bowl | Pastry Mat | Rolling Pin | 6 Mini Loose-base Tart Tins | Glass Bowl | Saucepan | Silicon Spatula
Raspberry white chocolate mousse tarts recipe
SERVES: 6 mini tarts
COOKS IN: 1 hour plus cooling time
For the pastry
- 60g whole almonds
- 160g plain flour
- 40g demerara or other brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 120g butter, cold and cut into cubes
- 1 medium egg yolk, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon of grated lemon zest
For the white chocolate mousse
- 200g white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 300ml whipping cream
- 2 - 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 200g raspberries, sliced lengthways
- FOR THE PASTRY, first prepare the almonds by toasting them in the oven. Preheat the oven to 160°C (300°F).
- Arrange the almonds in a single layer on baking tray and toast for about 8 - 10 minutes, stirring them every 2 - 3 minutes. They are done when they are fragrant and their skin cracked. Remove from the oven and, cool completely and blitz them in a food processor.
- Combine flour, demerara sugar, almonds and salt in a large bowl. Add the cubes of cold butter and rub into dry ingredients with your fingers until you get a coarse crumbs.
- Add egg yolk to the flour/almond mixture and knead with your hands a compact dough. If the dough is to dry, add 1 - 2 tablespoons iced water. Wrap in cling film and cool in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/356°F. Prepare 6 loose-bottomed tart tins with diameter of 10cm/4 inch.
- Take the dough from the fridge, leave for a few minutes to soften slightly and divide into 6 even pieces. Roll each piece on a pastry mat or baking paper into rounds large enough to line tart tins (2mm thick). Lift the pastry into each tin and press into sides. Trim the edges and prick the dough with a fork all over the surface. Place tart tins into the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Arrange tins on a baking tray and bake for 12 - 14 minutes, until the edges are golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- TO MAKE THE MOUSSE FILLING, combine the white chocolate and 100ml whipping cream in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of gently simmering water. Stir until the chocolate is smooth and melted. Remove from the heat, stir in lemon juice and cool. Whip the remaining cream (200ml) until soft peaks form. Fold a spoonful of the cream into the cooled white chocolate mixture, then fold the remaining cream. Cool in the fridge for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Spread white chocolate mousse over pastry cases and arrange the sliced raspberries over the mousse. Cool the tarts in the fridge for about 1 - 2 hours or until the chocolate mousse has set.
Jun 04, 21 01:20 PM
Make these white chocolate mousse raspberry tarts!
May 29, 21 02:02 PM
You are going to love this refreshing lemon almond cheesecake. Amazing combination of almond crust and zesty lemon filling makes this cheesecake so adorable.
May 23, 21 02:24 PM
You are going to love these fudgy chocolate hazelnut lava cakes. Serve them with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream!
May 16, 21 12:56 PM
These summer flatbread pizza comes together quickly. It's loaded with colourful summer veggies plus mozzarella. Easy summer meal!
May 06, 21 09:42 AM
These fudgy hazelnut brownies are a true paradise for chocolate lovers. Rich and decadent and enriched with toasted hazelnuts, these brownies are best served with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream.