HOME > DESSERTS > PASTRIES & TARTS
Blueberry and Lemon
Puff Pastry Twists
If you love sweet and tart combo, you will love these simple puff pastry twists filled with fresh blueberries, topped with zesty lemon icing and sprinkled with lemon zest. One of the easiest desserts ever!
We adore lemony sweets, that's why there is no shortage of lemon recipes in our collection. We suggest you to try our simple puff pastry tarts with lemon cream and soft lemon cookies both topped with almond flakes.
This webpage contains affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
How to make blueberry and lemon puff pastry twists
The base of this recipe is puff pastry dough which is always a good thing to have in the kitchen. We love frozen block of dough but feel free to use the fresh one from your local food store.
Thaw the dough 1-2 hours before baking otherwise is will be too soft to handle.
More dessert recipes
you'll want to try:
STEPS FOR MAKING THESE SIMPLE TWISTS:
- ROLL OUT THE PUFF PASTRY DOUGH: This is the best done on lightly floured work surface or silicon mat. You will need a proper rolling pin and a fluted pastry cutter to cut out the strips. Twist each strip while placing on the sheet and brush with some egg. Sprinkle half of the surface with blueberries and grated lemon zest then fold over the other half of the dough.
- CUTTING THE STRIPS AND TWISTING: Cut strips 2.5-3cm wide then twist each strip while placing on the sheet and brush with some egg wash.
- BAKING THE TWISTS: Bake for 10-12 minutes or until they are puffed and golden. Leave to cool until you prepare the icing.
- DRIZZLING WITH LEMON ICING: For the lemon icing stir icing sugar, butter and lemon juice.
A few of our popular easy dessert recipes:
Blueberry and Lemon Puff Pastry Twists
MAKES: 16 twists
COOKS IN: 35minutes
For the pastries
- 4oog package frozen puff pastry dough (2 sheets), thawed
- 1 egg + 1 tablespoon water, for eggwash
For the filling
- 150g (3/4 cup) fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest
For the topping
- 240g (2 cups) icing sugar
- 4-5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- Preheat the to 200°C/374°F. and line 2 baking sheets with baking paper.
- Dust work surface lightly with flour and roll out each sheet of puff pastry dough to 2mm thickness (you should get 35x25cm rectangle).
- Brush the eggwash across the whole surface of puff pastry. Sprinkle with blueberries and grated lemon zest only half of the surface then fold the second half across.
- Using a flutted pastry wheel or a sharp knife cut the dough into 2.5-3cm thick strips. Working one strip at a time, carefully transfer to prepared baking sheet twisting 2 or 3 times.
- Brush with remaining egg wash and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Leave to cool for 5-6 minutes.
- For the icing stir together icing sugar, lemon juice and melted butter until a thick icing is made. Drizzle over the twists then grate generously with lemon zest over them.
CATEGORIES: Pastries & Tarts, Puff Pastry Recipes, Quick & Easy,
Spring & Summer, Blueberry, Lemon
Looking for more recipes?
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.