HOME > COOKIES
Double Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies
Who doesn't love a combination of chocolate and hazelnuts, especially in the form of lovely cookies. Deep chocolate flavour comes from the dark cocoa powder and dark chocolate chunks hidden in each cookie. In addition, large pieces of toasted hazelnuts add crunchiness to the cookies.
Give these cookie recipes a try when you crave for rich chocolate cookies.
Also, don't skip our recipe for double chocolate cookies made with spelt flour.
This webpage contains affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
How to make double chocolate hazelnut cookies
First prepare all ingredients, then combining them will be an easy part. So, toast the hazelnuts lightly in the oven to accent the flavour then chop them coarsely on a cutting board using a sharp knife.
More cookie recipes
- Combine dry ingredients - PLAIN and HAZELNUT flours, COCOA POWDER, BAKING POWDER and SALT. Whisk all other ingredients in one bowl - SUGAR, MELTED BUTTER, EGG YOLK, VANILLA BEAN PASTE and GRATED CITRUS ZEST.
- Now, fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir just until combined. Add CHOPPED HAZELNUTS and CHOCOLATE CHUNKS and stir again. The dough will be slightly sticky, so place it in the fridge set for about 30 - 40 minutes.
- Using a tablespoon, grab the mixture of the size of walnut and roll into balls. Arrange them on prepared baking sheets, leaving some space between each ball. Press some extra hazelnut and chocolate pieces on the tops of the balls.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes or until the cookies are set. Cookies will still be soft when taken from the oven, but they will harden as they cool. Cool shortly on the tray then transfer to a cooling rack.
Your double chocolate spelt cookies are ready to dunk into warm milk!
Be sure to check out our top cookie baking tips for the perfect cookies every single time.
Storing double chocolate hazelnut cookies
These cookies should be stored in an airtight container for about 5 days. You will love this cute glass jar for storing your cookies - ideal for your kitchen counter.
You could also freeze the cookie dough. Shape them into balls then freeze on some one tray for about 20-30 minutes, then transfer to the freezer bag. Once you would like to bake them, thaw them for 15 minutes before baking.
A few of our favourite cookie recipes:
Double Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies
MAKES: 18 cookies
COOKS IN: 35 minutes
HANDY KITCHEN PRODUCTS:
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/320°F. Spread hazelnuts on a baking sheet and toast for 7-8 minutes until lightly browned and fragrant. Remove from the oven and place nuts in a clean tea towel and gently rub together until the skin comes off partially. Once cooled, coarsely chop the hazelnuts on a cutting board. Set aside.
- Combine together plain flour, hazelnut flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in one bowl.
- Whisk together melted butter, demerara sugar, egg yolk, vanilla bean paste and finely grated citrus zest in another bowl.
- Gradually add dry ingredients into the wet ingredients stirring with silicon spatula just until combined. Add chocolate chunks and chopped hazelnuts and stir to combine. Place the dough in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 175°C/347°F and line the baking sheet with baking paper.
- Using a tablespoon scoop the dough into balls of the size of large walnut and arrange them on a baking sheet, leaving some space in between. Press some extra chocolate chunks and pieces of hazelnuts on the top for better look.
- Bake in the oven for 7-8 minutes or until the edges are set and the tops are dark and shiny. Remove from the oven and allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
CATEGORIES: Cookies, Chocolate, Hazelnuts
Looking for more recipes?
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
More chocolate recipes you'll love: