Double chocolate Hazelnut cookies
Who doesn't love a combination of chocolate and hazelnuts, especially in the form of lovely cookies. These cookies are packed with all these making them a true treat for chocolate lovers.
The combination of hazelnuts and chocolate is always a winner and these delicious cookies are not exception. Deep chocolate flavours comes from the quality dark cocoa powder and chunks of dark chocolate each cookie hides. Toasted hazelnuts add some crunch and amazing nutty flavour.
Give these cookie recipes a try when you want deep chocolate and crunchy cookies. Also try our double chocolate cookies made with a spelt flour, also amazingly delicious.
how to make double chocolate hazelnut cookies
First prepare all ingredients, then combining them will be an easy part. So, toast the hazelnuts lightly in the oven to accent the flavour then chop them coarsely on a cutting board using a sharp knife.
Combine dry ingredients - flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Whisk all other ingredients in one bowl - sugar, melted butter, egg yolk, vanilla bean paste add grated citrus zest.
Now, fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir just until combined. Add chopped hazelnuts and chocolate chunks and stir again. The dough will be slightly sticky, so place it in the fridge set for about 30 - 40 minutes.
When the dough is ready, using a tablespoon, grab the mixture in the size of walnut and roll into balls. Arrange them on prepared baking trays, leaving some space between each ball. Press some extra hazelnut and chocolate pieces on the tops of the balls. Bake for 7 - 8 minutes or until the cookies are set. Cookies will still be soft when taken from the oven, but they will harden as they cool. Cool shortly on the tray then transfer to a cooling rack.
Your double chocolate spelt cookies are ready to dunk into warm milk!
storing double chocolate hazelnut cookies
These cookies should be stored in an airtight container for about 5 days. You could also freeze the cookie dough. Shape them into balls then freeze on some one tray for about 20 - 30 minutes, then transfer to the freezer bag. Once you would like to bake them, thaw them for 15 minutes before baking.
looking for more cookie recipes!
shop kitchen essentials for this recipe
Kitchen Scale | Mixing Bowl | Glass Bowl | Wire Whisk | Baking Tray | Baking Paper Sheets | Cookie Spatula
double chocolate hazelnut cookies
MAKES: 18 cookies
COOKS IN: 35 minutes
- 80g plain flour
- 20g hazelnut flour or hazelnut meal
- 20g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 80g butter, melted
- 100g demerara sugar
- 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- grated zest of 1 lemon or orange
- 160g chocolate chunks (50 - 60% cocoa)
- 160g whole hazelnuts
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (320°F). Spread hazelnuts on a baking tray and toast for 7 - 8 minutes until lightly browned and fragrant. Remove from the oven and place nuts in a clean tea towel and gently rub together until the skin comes off partially. Once cooled, coarsely chop the hazelnuts on a cutting board. Set aside.
- In one bowl combine plain flour, hazelnut flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl whisk together demerara sugar, melted butter, egg yolk, vanilla bean paste and finely grated citrus zest.
- Gradually fold dry ingredients into the wet ingredients stirring with silicon spatula just until combined. Add chocolate chunks and chopped hazelnuts until everything mixed. Keep the dough in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Using a tablespoon scoop the dough into balls of the size of large walnut and arrange them on a baking tray, leaving 2 - 3 cm between each ball. Press some extra chocolate chunks and pieces of hazelnuts on the top for better look.
- Bake in the oven for 7 - 8 minutes or until the edges are set and the tops are dark and shiny. Remove from the oven and allow cookies to cool on the baking tray for 3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
© Secret Recipe Notebook owns the copyright on all images and text and does not allow for its original recipes and pictures to be reproduced anywhere other than at this site unless authorization is given.
Jun 04, 21 01:20 PM
Make these white chocolate mousse raspberry tarts!
May 29, 21 02:02 PM
You are going to love this refreshing lemon almond cheesecake. Amazing combination of almond crust and zesty lemon filling makes this cheesecake so adorable.
May 23, 21 02:24 PM
You are going to love these fudgy chocolate hazelnut lava cakes. Serve them with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream!
May 16, 21 12:56 PM
These summer flatbread pizza comes together quickly. It's loaded with colourful summer veggies plus mozzarella. Easy summer meal!
May 06, 21 09:42 AM
These fudgy hazelnut brownies are a true paradise for chocolate lovers. Rich and decadent and enriched with toasted hazelnuts, these brownies are best served with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream.