These almond flour chocolate chip cookies are so soft and delicious. They are completely gluten-free, nutty and so easy to make! Ideal pair with a cup of warm milk!
You will adore this recipe for our almond flour chocolate chip cookies which are healthy and made with only 9 ingredients. Prepare almond flour, the star of this recipe, which makes them so tasty and gives amazing soft texture. What makes these cookies super tasty are many chocolate chunks which pairs great with almond flour.
These cookies are the best not only because they are delicious but because they're healthier, they only require 9 simple ingredients and are baked in 30 minutes. So, after all these good reasons to make them, we hope you give them a try!
Try also these tasty recipes:
About almond flour
We love to use almond flour for making delicious cookies, muffins and cake. This gluten-free flour with its pale yellow colour and nutty flavour make baked goods extra delicious.
When buying almond flour, be sure to buy fresh and finely ground. This flour can be found at organic food stores or can be ordered online. Why not to try our simple recipes with almond flour: gluten-free almond flour cookies, bakery-style chocolate chip muffins or almond flour biscotti.
Reasons you'll love almond flour
- It is a great source of proteins
- It is gluten-free, grain-free and low-carb
- It has a delicious nutty flavour
how to make almond flour chocolate chip cookies
For making these cookies you will need only 9 ingredients. For the start, stir together in one bowl all dry ingredients: almond flour, corn starch, baking soda and salt.
In another bowl, beat together butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl until you have a light and fluffy mixture. Continue by adding egg and vanilla extract and beat for another few minutes.
Add flour into the butter mixture and mix on a low speed for 1 minute until a soft dough forms. Now, fold chocolate chunks using a wooden spoon until everything combined.
Use a tablespoon or cookie scoop to scoop dough and roll into balls. Place balls on the baking tray 3 - 4 cm apart. The cookies will spread as they bake so it's important to leave some space between. Bake the cookies in the oven for 10 minutes and that's it. They will look slightly under baked but they will continue to bake on the baking tray. Cookies will have chewy centres.
useful baking tip
Take the cookies from the oven when they are still very soft and underbaked. This ways they will stay soft and chewy later on.
best selling kitchen tools & Gadgets
storing almond flour chocolate chip cookies
If you have some leftover cookies store them in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
Looking For More Cookie Recipes?
For more cookie inspiration, take a look at our collection of yummy cookie recipes. Also check out our selection of interesting gluten-free cookies, too.
Shop kitchen essentials for this recipe
Kitchen Scale | Mixing Bowls | Electric Hand Mixer | Measuring Spoons | Cutting Board | Kitchen Knife | Wooden Spoon | Baking Tray | Baking Paper Sheets | Cookie Spatula
almond flour chocolate chip cookies
MAKES: 18 cookies
COOKS IN: 30 minutes
- 200g (2 1/8 cups) almond flour
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- 126g (9 tbsp) butter, at room temperature
- 65g (1/3 cup) dark muscovado sugar
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 170g (6 ounces) dark chocolate (55 - 65% cocoa)
- Preheat the oven to 165°C (329°F) and line two baking trays with baking paper. If baking with one tray, leave it to cool completely before placing another batch of cookies.
- If using chocolate bar, cut it into smaller pieces on a cutting board with a sharp knife.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine together almond flour, baking soda and salt.
- Using electric hand mixer beat softened butter and sugar until creamy and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla extract and beat for another few minutes.
- Add almond flour and beat on a low speed until incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips and stir with spatula.
- Using a tablespoon scoop the dough, roll between your palms into balls and place them on the baking tray 3 - 4cm apart as they will spread while baking. Flatten each ball slightly with the back of the spoon, and press few pieces of chocolate on the top - just for look.
- Bake in the oven for about 10 - 12 minutes or until they start to become lightly brown. Take the tray from the oven and leave cookies on the tray to cool. They will still be very soft at this point, but this is fine. Transfer them to a cooling rack to cool completely.