Chocolate Chip Cookies
Amazingly soft gluten-free cookies made with nutty almond flour and packed with large dark chocolate chunks. Best enjoyed straight from the oven when the chocolate is still melted. So addictive!
This webpage contains affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
More cookie recipes
About almond flour...
We love to use almond flour for making delicious cookies, muffins and cake (why not to try our simple almond flour cookies or almond flour biscotti). This gluten-free flour with its pale yellow colour and nutty flavour make baked goods extra delicious.
The almond flours vary from brand to brand. Be sure to use the quality and fresh one for your baking. One of the best brands is Blue Diamond almond flour, which is finely ground and tastes amazingly nutty.
If from UK, shop Dragon Superfoods almond flour from Abel&Cole Organic Store (they deliver a wide range of organic products right to your door).
How to make almond flour chocolate chip cookies
- For making these cookies you will need only 9 ingredients. For the start, stir together in one bowl all dry ingredients: almond flour, corn starch, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, beat together butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl until you have a light and fluffy mixture. Continue by adding egg and vanilla extract and beat for another few minutes.
- Add almond flour into the butter mixture and mix on a low speed for 1 minute until a soft dough forms. Now, fold chocolate chunks using a wooden spoon until everything combined.
- Use a tablespoon or cookie scoop to scoop dough and roll into balls. Place balls on the baking sheet with some space between each. The cookies will spread as they bake so it's important to leave some space between. Bake the cookies in the oven for 10 minutes and that's it. They will look slightly under baked but they will continue to bake on the baking sheet. Cookies will have chewy centres.
USEFUL BAKING TIP! Take the cookies from the oven when they're still very soft and underbaked. They will continue to bake on the sheet and stay soft and chewy later on.
Explore and shop online quality kitchenware for your cooking adventures!
Storing the cookies
If you have some leftover cookies store, them in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
We love these decorative set of vintage metal containers which keeps cookies fresh for days (you can use these also for cereal, nuts, chocolate chips or any other treats.
A few of our favourite cookie recipes:
Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
MAKES: 18 cookies
COOKS IN: 30 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 165°C/329°F and line 2 baking sheets with baking paper. If baking with one sheet, leave it to cool completely before placing another batch of cookies.
- If using chocolate bar, cut it into smaller pieces on a cutting board with a sharp knife.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine together almond flour, baking soda and salt.
- Using electric hand mixer beat softened butter and sugar until creamy and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla extract and beat for another few minutes.
- Add almond flour and beat on a low speed until incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips and stir with spatula.
- Using a tablespoon scoop the dough, roll between your palms into balls and place them on the baking sheet, 3-4 cm apart as they will spread while baking. Flatten each ball slightly with the back of the spoon, and press few pieces of chocolate on the top, just for look.
- Bake in the oven for about 10 to 12 minutes or until they start to become lightly brown. Take the tray from the oven and leave cookies on the tray to cool. They will still be very soft at this point, but this is fine. Transfer them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
CATEGORIES: Cookies, Gluten-free, Quick & Easy
Almond Flour, Chocolate
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.