Gluten-Free Chestnut Flour Pancakes
These delicious pancakes are made with chestnut and almond flours, both gluten-free. They are a perfect choice for healthy breakfast as there is no added sugar in the batter!
When you're craving something sweet but want a lighter and and healthier option, these mini pancakes are an ideal choice for you. They are made from chestnut and almond flours, both gluten-free and without any added sugar.
The chestnut flour is sweet enough to add sweetness to desserts. We love to add this delicate flour to our crispy cookies, soft chocolate muffins or even simple fritters. The pine nuts in this recipe are a perfect addition to these pancakes for some extra crunch. You would never guess that these fluffy pancakes are made without any dairy or eggs, making them ideal for vegans too.
Gluten-free pancakes are so easy to make
You might be surprised how easily these mini gluten-free pancakes can be made in your kitchen. Follow our simple recipe and whip up the pancake batter in just one bowl. Once made they can be served with anything you fancy, from a dollop of whipped ricotta, dusted with icing sugar or topped with fresh berries.
These amazing pancakes are ideal for a weekend breakfast along with a good cup of coffee or tea.
Useful tips for making Gluten-Free chestnut flour pancakes
Here are our simple tips to follow for the perfect gluten-free chestnut flour pancakes:
- Sift the chestnut flour before using it as it tends to compress itself into lumps. The chestnut flour can be bought from your local organic food store. The best quality chestnut flour can be found in autumn and winter when it's freshly ground.
- Replace the almond flour with any other nut flour of your choice: hazelnut, pistachio, pecans, coconut - all great choices.
- For keeping pancakes warm, place them on a rimmed baking tray and keep in the oven until serving.
looking for more dessert recipes?
Gluten-Free Chestnut Flour Pancakes
MAKES: 8 mini pancakes
COOKS IN: 30 minutes
LEVEL: Super easy
- 100g chestnut flour
- 80g almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 140 - 150ml water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- grated zest of 1 orange
- olive oil for greasing
- icing sugar for dusting
- Sift the chestnut flour and combine it with the almond flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Gradually stir in water and whisk until you get a smooth and dense batter. Add olive oil and pine nuts and mix. Set aside to rest for about 10 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and grease with olive oil. Pour one full tablespoon of batter onto the frying pan and tilt to spread around the base of the pan.
- Cook until the edges start to firm up and the bottom is evenly browned (1 - 2 minutes). Gently use a spatula to loosen all the way around the pancake before flipping. Cook the other side for another 1 minute then remove the pancake onto a plate. Repeat the process with the remaining batter greasing the pan for each pancake. Dust with icing sugar and serve immediately.
© Secret Recipe Notebook owns the copyright on all images and text and does not allow for its original recipes and pictures to be reproduced anywhere other than at this site unless authorization is given.
Jun 04, 21 01:20 PM
Make these white chocolate mousse raspberry tarts!
May 29, 21 02:02 PM
You are going to love this refreshing lemon almond cheesecake. Amazing combination of almond crust and zesty lemon filling makes this cheesecake so adorable.
May 23, 21 02:24 PM
You are going to love these fudgy chocolate hazelnut lava cakes. Serve them with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream!
May 16, 21 12:56 PM
These summer flatbread pizza comes together quickly. It's loaded with colourful summer veggies plus mozzarella. Easy summer meal!
May 06, 21 09:42 AM
These fudgy hazelnut brownies are a true paradise for chocolate lovers. Rich and decadent and enriched with toasted hazelnuts, these brownies are best served with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream.