Lemony Easter Cookies
Your first block of text...
For the cookies
- 400g plain flour (3 1/3 cup)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 220g butter
- 100g cream cheese
- 180g granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated lemon zest
- In a medium bowl, combine plain flour and baking powder.
- In a large bowl, combine the granulated sugar and lemon zest. Massage the zest into sugar with your fingertips until the sugar is tinted a light yellow and is very fragrant.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar, with electric mixer on medium-high speed, until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, lemon juice and lemon zest and and beat for another minute.
- Gradually add flour to the butter mixture, mixing to make a smooth dough.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C and line baking sheet with baking paper. Transfer dough to the pastry bag fitted with plain round tip (such as Wilton #5). Pipe 3cm rounds onto a baking sheet, spacing about 2-3 cm apart. Bake 8-10 minutes, or until lightly browned around edges. Transfer on baking paper to a wire rack, and let cool completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk together icing sugar and lemon juice. Spoon over cooled cookies.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Your second block of text...