These corny flatbread pizza could be an ideal light lunch or easy dinner. Melted mozzarella and sweet corn make these pizzas so delicious. Made in only 25 minutes!
These flatbread pizza is one of the simplest and quickest snacks you will ever try. When you're in the mood for cheesy and corny snack, prepare this easy pizza. You will love the sweetness from the corn combined with melty mozzarella and fresh rosemary in your mouth.
Serve these pizzas at kids birthday party or to your friends when they come over for a drink. It's also great for cosy evening with your partner. Why not to try our recipe for flatbread pizza with summer veggies - zucchini, sweet corn and cherry tomatoes or zucchini pancetta flatbread pizza.
Try also these tasty recipes:
how to make sweet corn flatbread pizza
These simple sweet corn flatbread pizza are made with just a handful of everyday ingredients and can be ready in less than 30 minutes.
The base of these individual pizzas are simple yogurt flatbreads made with a mix of plain and spelt flours. No yeast needed in this recipe, just some baking powder to help flatbreads to puff up. You can skip spelt flour and use only plain flour.
best selling kitchen tools & gadgets
making the base for sweet corn flatbread pizza
The dough comes together easily, just combine all ingredients in one bowl and knead a soft dough. Then roll out flatbreads, cook them on the stove - for this you need only 5 - 6 minutes. The trick is to cook them on a high heat to help them puff up and get nice crust.
We brush with olive oil flatbreads and prebake for 2 - 3 minutes before adding the topping. This way flatbreads will be crispy and nice golden and not soggy.
what you'll need for pizza topping
Topping for this pizza is quite simple - FRESH MOZZARELLA, SWEET CORN and FRESH ROSEMARY LEAVES. Be sure to drain mozzarella before cutting into smaller pieces, to avoid soggy pizzas. You can use fresh, canned or frozen corn for this recipe, but you will have to drain the corn very well and dry before place on the pan.
We saute sweet corn shortly in a pan to intensify the flavour. All is topped with aromatic fresh rosemary leaves. You can use any other fresh or dried herb like oregano, thyme, basil...
Bake them for about 10 minutes or until they become crisp and gold.
making ahead sweet corn flatbread pizza
Making these corny pizzas is a breeze once you have ready flatbreads. Make a bunch of flatbreads, wrap them into aluminium foil, put in plastic freezer bag and freeze. This way you can make these pizzas in only 15 minutes at any time.
Once you want to prepare pizza, take flatbreads from the freezer, place on the baking tray to thaw for a few minutes, then toast in the oven on 200°C (392°F) for 3 - 4 minutes. Take them from the oven and continue to top with topping as described in the recipe.
looking for more snack recipes?
Shop kitchen essentials for this recipe
Digital Kitchen Scale | Set of Bowls | Baking Tray | Baking Paper Sheets | Wooden Cutting Board | Kitchen Knife | Box Grater | Non-Stick Frying Pan | Measuring Spoons | Rolling Pin
sweet corn flatbread pizza
SERVES: 3 medium-sized flatbread pizza
COOKS IN: 25 minutes
For the flatbreads
- 120g (1 cup) plain flour
- 85g (3/4 cup) whole grain spelt flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 180g (3/4 cup) Greek yogurt
- 15ml (1 tablespoon) olive oil
For the topping
- 1 medium-sized zucchini (around 200g)
- 1 fresh mozzarella ball (around 100g), drained from liquid
- 150g sweet corn, fresh or tinned or frozen
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves
- 30ml (2 tablespoons) olive oil
- TO MAKE FLATBREADS, combine together plain and whole grain spelt flours, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the centre and add olive oil and Greek yogurt and using your hands bring everything together.
- Lightly flour a clean work surface, then transfer the dough to the surface and knead until smooth, 3 - 4 minutes, adding more flour if the dough is sticky. Place the dough into a bowl, cover and leave aside for 10 minutes.
- Cut mozzarella into smaller pieces or grate on a box grater.
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Add few drops of olive oil and sweet corn and cook, stirring occasionally until the corn is light golden - about 3 - 4 minutes. Season with the salt and pepper; taste and adjust seasoning.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (392°F). Line the baking tray with baking paper.
- Divide the flatbread dough into 3 pieces. Dust a work surface and rolling pin with flour. Working one at a time, roll out each piece of dough into a round about 2 mm thick.
- Lightly oil a non-stick frying pan or griddle and place on a medium-high heat. Cook rounds of dough for 1 - 2 minutes on each side or until puffed up slightly. There should be a small golden brown spots on both sides.
- Place cooked flatbreads on the baking tray lined with baking paper, brush the surface of the flatbreads lightly with olive oil and bake in the oven for 2 - 3 minutes.
- TO MAKE THE TOPPING, heat a small non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil and cook sweet corn for about 2 - 3 minutes or until it becomes slightly brown.
- Take the flatbreads and top each with mozzarella and sweet corn. Sprinkle with fresh rosemary leaves.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes of until the crust is golden and crisp and mozzarella is melted.
- Transfer to a warmed serving plates and serve immediately.